Abandoned baby

NCISDUCKS

Songster
Mar 28, 2020
So this is my first time letting my chickens hatch eggs and they are great with the other chicks but they abandoned one of them and would peck it when it was trying to stay warm. As well as push it away. I have it inside now with a heat light in a box with water and food but where do I go from here? Will it be excepted back into the flock in six weeks? Will I have a chicken in my house forever now haha? I know there is a good chance it won't make it but seems like a fighter to me

So this is my first time letting my chickens hatch eggs and they are great with the other chicks but they abandoned one of them and would peck it when it was trying to stay warm. As well as push it away. I have it inside now with a heat light in a box with water and food but where do I go from here? Will it be excepted back into the flock in six weeks? Will I have a chicken in my house forever now haha? I know there is a good chance it won't make it but seems like a fighter to me
If the mother rejected it then there is likely something wrong with it congenitally. You're right in thinking it may not make it. If it does you will have a difficult time integrating it back into your flock.
Good luck. :hugs

If the mother rejected it then there is likely something wrong with it congenitally. You're right in thinking it may not make it. If it does you will have a difficult time integrating it back into your flock.
Good luck. :hugs
Ya that's kinda what I was thinking. Thank you

Back
Top Bottom