Abandoned kitten and chick make friends

FYI - those are NOT flies ... they're Sky Raisins! We have several varieties of them at our house. The "Standard" Sky Raisin is the one that most chickens and kittens chase. We also have "Oooh Shiny" Sky Raisins. They come out at night and confuse cats, puppies ans small children by disappearing, then magically reappearing again in a totally different place in the yard. Then there are the "Jalapeno" versions. Those bite back when you snap at them ... and Heaven forbid you actually catch one! :D

LOL you just made me cry I was laughing so hard! :lau:hit:lau:hit:lau:lau:lau:lau:lau

LOL you just made me cry I was laughing so hard! :lau:hit:lau:hit:lau:lau:lau:lau:lau
You should have seen us all laughing when my sister's 120 pound Plotthound caught his first Jalapeno Sky Raisin! His poor muzzle swelled horribly ... but I'll bet it'll be a long time before he chases sky raisins again. Well, maybe not. He's not the most patient of dogs, so my guess is he'll be right back at them, shortly. Some lessons come harder than others, ya know?

I love unexpected animal friendships! When one of my kid goats was sick, he had to go stay at the vet's farm for a few days. He kept escaping his stall (because that's what goats do), and every time, she would find Artie hanging out with her chickens. Chickens must just make good friends.
We have a tom cat named Alice Cooper who manages to make friends with anything on the farm. When he was young we were raising our first batch of Ayam Cemani and he decided they belonged to him. He tried to teach them to hunt with scraps of melon and corn cobs we left out for the chickens. (If you are familiar with my posts, this is the Tom who eventually turned on the flock. But he never hurt the Ayam Cemanis, not even the one who cannot walk. That was one of the clues that led us to learn he was one of the predators getting our chickens.)
He also alerted us to a doeling being born in the dead of winter that we were not expecting. It was -30 (not windchill, actual temperature) and he was screaming at the door. I tried to let him in but he kept going to the goat barn when I opened the door. Eventually I followed him and found a surprise baby goat with her face sticking out of her mother, starting to freeze. If it wasn't for Alice, the baby goat would've died. It.lived in the house until it was sold and Alice, who is a barn cat, would not stay outside until we sold the goat. He destroyed 3 window screens trying to get in when we put him out. And as soon as we let him in, he sat with the goat .
We have a Sphynx cat who hates all other animals. Alice got his but kicked for a week straight trying to make friends while he was in with the goat. Eventually the Sphynx, also a tom, gave up and made friends. He never had another male cat friend before or since.
FB_IMG_1565030159509.jpg
FB_IMG_1565030148504.jpg
FB_IMG_1565030116557.jpg
FB_IMG_1565030186663.jpg

Th
We have a tom cat named Alice Cooper who manages to make friends with anything on the farm. When he was young we were raising our first batch of Ayam Cemani and he decided they belonged to him. He tried to teach them to hunt with scraps of melon and corn cobs we left out for the chickens. (If you are familiar with my posts, this is the Tom who eventually turned on the flock. But he never hurt the Ayam Cemanis, not even the one who cannot walk. That was one of the clues that led us to learn he was one of the predators getting our chickens.)
He also alerted us to a doeling being born in the dead of winter that we were not expecting. It was -30 (not windchill, actual temperature) and he was screaming at the door. I tried to let him in but he kept going to the goat barn when I opened the door. Eventually I followed him and found a surprise baby goat with her face sticking out of her mother, starting to freeze. If it wasn't for Alice, the baby goat would've died. It.lived in the house until it was sold and Alice, who is a barn cat, would not stay outside until we sold the goat. He destroyed 3 window screens trying to get in when we put him out. And as soon as we let him in, he sat with the goat .
We have a Sphynx cat who hates all other animals. Alice got his but kicked for a week straight trying to make friends while he was in with the goat. Eventually the Sphynx, also a tom, gave up and made friends. He never had another male cat friend before or since.View attachment 1868971 View attachment 1868972 View attachment 1868973 View attachment 1868978
That boy is gorgeous!! I love him!

Back
Top Bottom