Abandoned Pekins need home

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by veronicasmom, Nov 10, 2013.

1. veronicasmom

veronicasmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 31, 2009
    Not sure where to post this, but one of my farm sitters texted me today that she knows of 3 Pekins that were dumped and need a good home. Buxton Maine area. I wish I had room, but with nine, I could probably take one more, but not three. And they need to stay together. So, pm me if anyone local to me want some more PET ducks.

2. granny hatchet

granny hatchet Tastes like chicken Premium Member

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    animals in need of free rehoming. good luck. you shouldnt have any problem[​IMG]

3. veronicasmom

Aug 31, 2009
    Do I detect a note of sarcasm? I was just trying to help a young friend who texted me about them. I assume that they will end up in a shelter, so I thought I'd put it out there that they need a home. Which up here is not the worst thing that will happen to them. They shelters that take livestock around me are wonderful, and it is will allow them to be exposed to more potential homes.
    Because I have a soft heart and way too many animals, I get calls/emails/texts frequently. Sometimes the animals end up here, but I will always try to help find them a place where they will be cared for properly. This forum is full of wonderful people and even if someone from a bit of a distance wants them, I will make arrangements to possibly meet half way to deliver. Just trying to help.
    Last week I almost ended up with a stray sheep!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited: Nov 11, 2013
  4. granny hatchet

granny hatchet Tastes like chicken Premium Member

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    no,no sarcasm, you did say you weren't sure where to post. i was telling you .i dont do sarcasm, i will tell it like it is.

5. Amiga

Amiga Overrun with Runners Premium Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Southern New England
    Sheep. Wow! I forward information about adoptable ducks here and there. Glad there are some shelters for them.

6. veronicasmom

Aug 31, 2009
    LOL! Ok, that is the problem with online stuff, hard to decipher tone sometimes.

Yup a sheep! Neighbor had one show up in their yard. Soooooo, they figured it was mine...... I have a lot of critters, but no sheep. They were not equipped to deal with it, so the day was spent trying to track down where it came from. Finally determined where it belonged and it was returned to it's very relieved owner. Crazy. I was mentally trying to figure out how to break this one to my husband! So glad she got home. I know nothing about sheep. Was just about to start researching them, when I found out the owner was found. Whew, dodged THAT bullet![​IMG]

Yipes just read my last post. Lot of errors! That's what I get for typing with a guinea pig on my lap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited: Nov 11, 2013
  7. Going Quackers

Going Quackers Overrun With Chickens

May 24, 2011
    On, Canada
    Hopefully you can find someone, i do get what you mean i am actually kinda tired of having to return/find homes for roaming animals. I mean as a small farm i get it stuff gets loose.. my one horse unlatched the round pen this past summer.. and got loose.. nice. Thankfully i was here... that said, sometimes people are just careless or don't care less. My husband brought a dog to the shelter because a buddy at work moved and couldn't take the dog and he was GOING TO LET HER LOOSE!! [​IMG] So being animal people he took charge of her instead, we cannot have anymore dogs but the shelter was no kill so she was set up for adoption.

Best of luck! pekin are hugely popular so that should help.

8. BarefootMtnGal

BarefootMtnGal Out Of The Brooder

Good luck with rehoming. :) I am not ready to adopt yet... we haven't closed on our the house yet, and I'm still sketching out designs for my duck house and chicken coop... eventually, I will get runners and pekins, but...

9. keesmom

keesmom Overrun With Chickens

Jul 28, 2008
    MA
  10. Amiga

Amiga Overrun with Runners Premium Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Southern New England
    I have four adopted buffs. They are great. It has taken some time, but we are developing good relationships. I was concerned that adopting adults might not be as rewarding as raising ducklings, but even though it is different, it is still great. Wanted to encourage you to adopt.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by