Abandoned Rooster-Free to Good Home-CT/MA

bestponymilo

Songster
12 Years
Jan 31, 2007
Arrived at the barn this AM, just in time to see an unknown car pulling out of the driveway. Left in the middle of the driveway was a rooster *sigh*

He appears to be a standard buff Cochin. Friendly, had no problem walking over to him and picking him up. Doesn't look too old, still has a short tail and a "beginner's" crow.

I will be more then happy to deliver him within about an hour's drive from Springfield, MA or Hartford, CT. Heck, for a good home, I'll drive even longer. He just needs a place to go, because I already have four roosters here.

Last edited:
I wish that I could help. That really stinks...just dropping off a bird. At least you are kind enough to try to find it a home. Good luck!

Oh that stinks! Poor little guy. I've got three young ones that I won't be able to keep so I can't help. I will ask around though. Hope someone decides they want him!!

Sorry, he's a Buff Brahma, not a Buff Cochin.

And, if I can't find him a home he will be dinner, unfortunately. He's just so friendly that I'd rather find him a home if I can.

Pic of him...

UnknownRoo1.jpg

Don't make him dinner yet! I want to talk to my husband when he gets up (works nights). He was just saying he would like to get a rooster. Can I ask - is he very loud? I don't want him to annoy my neighbor across the road.

Quote:
I really hope you can take him he looks absolutely fabulous. I wish I could but I dont believe that our Free Range Rooster would enjoy that at all.

He sure is pretty. I can't believe someone would just dump him out.

P.S. Then I guess I could believe it. I know people are just dumping their horses out now because they can't afford them. I would never just dump my horses out to fend for themselves even if I just had to give them away free.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom