Abandoned Rooster-Free to Good Home-CT/MA

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by bestponymilo, May 7, 2008.

1. bestponymilo

bestponymilo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2007
    Arrived at the barn this AM, just in time to see an unknown car pulling out of the driveway. Left in the middle of the driveway was a rooster *sigh*

He appears to be a standard buff Cochin. Friendly, had no problem walking over to him and picking him up. Doesn't look too old, still has a short tail and a "beginner's" crow.

I will be more then happy to deliver him within about an hour's drive from Springfield, MA or Hartford, CT. Heck, for a good home, I'll drive even longer. He just needs a place to go, because I already have four roosters here.

Last edited: May 7, 2008
  2. kees

kees Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2008
    I wish that I could help. That really stinks...just dropping off a bird. At least you are kind enough to try to find it a home. Good luck!

3. rufus

rufus Overrun With Chickens

May 17, 2007
    Dinner!

Rufus

4. peruvian_princess

peruvian_princess Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2008
    Fayetteville, Georgia
    Well if you decide to drive to Atlanta Georgia I will take him;)

5. Henrietta23

Henrietta23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 20, 2007
    Eastern CT
    Oh that stinks! Poor little guy. I've got three young ones that I won't be able to keep so I can't help. I will ask around though. Hope someone decides they want him!!

6. bestponymilo

bestponymilo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2007
    Sorry, he's a Buff Brahma, not a Buff Cochin.

And, if I can't find him a home he will be dinner, unfortunately. He's just so friendly that I'd rather find him a home if I can.

Pic of him...

[​IMG]

7. masschix

masschix Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2008
    Central Massachusetts
    Don't make him dinner yet! I want to talk to my husband when he gets up (works nights). He was just saying he would like to get a rooster. Can I ask - is he very loud? I don't want him to annoy my neighbor across the road.

8. mmajw

mmajw Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2008
    Maine
    Quote:I really hope you can take him he looks absolutely fabulous. I wish I could but I dont believe that our Free Range Rooster would enjoy that at all.

9. masschix

masschix Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2008
    Central Massachusetts
    Is he a loud guy?

10. farmgirlie1031

farmgirlie1031 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2008
    IA
    He sure is pretty. I can't believe someone would just dump him out.

P.S. Then I guess I could believe it. I know people are just dumping their horses out now because they can't afford them. I would never just dump my horses out to fend for themselves even if I just had to give them away free.

Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by