abnormal Chicken poop? Hoping someone can help please

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by beccaschicks, Sep 5, 2016.

1. beccaschicks

beccaschicks New Egg

Sep 4, 2016
    Hi, I'm a brand new member (but I've used this site as a reference many times) I currently have 14 hens and 2 roosters- barred rock, red sex links, white leghorns. They are 8 months old and I was averaging at least 11 eggs a day. For the past week I have not gotten a single egg. The chickens are not interested in their grain but will eat tomatoes & watermelon. I give them fresh water daily and they do drink but not as much. So far no weight loss and no loss of feathers. I have treated them for coccidiosis, I have cleaned out their chicken coop and nesting boxes and put in new pine shavings and hay. They also do not have any grass left in their fenced in area. They have been having this awful diarrhea and Im not sure what it is. It is very dark green and I have attached a picture. Could I have gotten a bad bag of feed from tractor supply? Any suggestions or tips would be wonderful[​IMG]

2. Carpenter

Carpenter Out Of The Brooder

Aug 21, 2013
    You may want to limit the amount of wet food (watermelon and tomatoes) that you provide to your chickens. I have heard of chickens having problems after being fed large amounts of watermelon. It has something to do with how their crop and gizzard work and their digestive system. Just a thought. I hope that they start laying again soon.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by