abnormal dropping

haloybarzafr

Hatching
Jan 13, 2017
hi everyone my layer has a wry neck also has this abnormal dropping and with the history of giving her a soluble tetracycline and multivitamins in the water

It's a bit runny, but I don't see worms, and it is a good color. Chicken poo has a wide variation of normal. Your bird's poo may be a normal dropping (see chart below).

However, with the history of antibiotic use, if the bird is consistently giving runny poo, then you should do something. With the history of antibiotics, I suspicion gut imbalances. (Although worms is always a potential with runny poo).

If you've been giving antibiotics, don't give more antibiotics for diarrhea. Antibiotics also attack the good bacteria in the gut creating an imbalance in gut flora that will cause diarrhea.

I suggest giving your bird some pro-biotics, like yogurt or a powder formula in the water.

Also give it ACV (apple cider vinegar, raw, unpasturized, with the mother, in plastic water carrier only) which helps feed the good bacteria in the gut.

That should help clear up the runs.

If not, then you can go back to disease...btw...why were you giving antibiotics? Wry neck is a vitamin deficiency not a bacterial disease.

Was your bird sick with something else?

LofMc

here is also a good poo chart for what is normal and what is abnormal:
http://www.the-chicken-chick.com/2012/02/whats-scoop-on-chicken-poop-digestive.html

no , my chicken was showing signs of wry neck , at that time i went to a vet for vit E but it was available in a powder with tetracycline ,finally i purchased this powder after a one day using this diarrhea had appeared , so i decided to stop giving the powder .

It's important to give the vitamins, but I agree, don't give the tetracyline powder as that will cause diarrhea.

Track down some vitamins without the antibiotics and in time your bird should show signs of recovery from the wry neck.

There are some good articles on BYC for treatment.

LofMc

Back
Top Bottom