Abnormal Droppings

survivorchick

Songster
6 Years
May 30, 2014
Northern California
D665BAC9-D04F-43BF-8165-DBAF71997C7F.jpeg CA489E9D-0277-4DDE-84BF-C925BD8B18B0.jpeg EACF5E50-AA7E-47AE-975E-6AC8BCBBFF67.jpeg

I have a 3 1/2 year old Brahma with abnormal droppings/diarrhea for the past couple of weeks. I have already bathed her once and did a 5-day coarse of corrid (1 teas./1/2 gallon of water) but her droppings still don’t look normal and her vent area is covered again. Any suggestions? Could it be the probiotics I switched to? My two buffs are fine.

Her behavior is more significant than the runny poop. What is she eating? Has she been eating fruit and veggies? Anything that's over-ripe and maybe a bit moldy? Is her appetite okay? How much water does she drink? A lot, not much, or about what the others drink?

Is she talkative and active? Or is she lethargic and droopy, standing off on the sidelines with her tail held low and flat?

Have you checked her crop? Is it overly full, flat and empty, lumpy and hard? Check it first thing come morning to see if it's emptying completely overnight.

Back
Top Bottom