Abnormal egg

juniper rain

In the Brooder
5 Years
May 5, 2014

I cracked open an egg today for breakfast, and it had two mysterious milky white balls in it. As well as the yolk. They are pretty solid! They are about the size of a marble. Any ideas? Eggs within an egg? I've never seen this...they are pictured top right of the yolk.

Last edited:
Um.. I don't think I have seen anything like that before.
hmm.png
It might be eggs in side of the egg. Because it does happen. My mom one time found another egg in one of our chickens eggs. Hope I was some help.
smile.png

I actually found a little marble size ball like that inside a hatching egg once, with the perfectly developed chick. The chick was completely fine.

Is the egg in the first pic cooked or raw?
Are the little blobs hard and brittle like egg shell...or...?
Did you try cutting into the blobs?

The egg in the pic was cracked into a pan for breakfast, then I noticed the two little eggs and took it out. Last night, I actually put them in boiling water to cook for a moment, and my husband and a friend ate them. One had a delicate shell on it, the other did not. They said they tasted just like hard boiled eggs! I'm thinking that finding 2 inside an egg is pretty extraordinary.

The egg in the pic was cracked into a pan for breakfast, then I noticed the two little eggs and took it out. Last night, I actually put them in boiling water to cook for a moment, and my husband and a friend ate them. One had a delicate shell on it, the other did not. They said they tasted just like hard boiled eggs! I'm thinking that finding 2 inside an egg is pretty extraordinary.
So there was yolk inside both 'blobs'...one a thin shell the other did not?

Odd for sure but only unprecedented because of their itty-bitty size.
Shelled egg in a shelled egg happens, tho infrequently.

Funny plumbing issue...haha...thanks for sharing it.
Do you know what bird laid them.....or age of bird(s)?

They both had a little tiny yolk. Only one had a very delicate shell. I'm not sure what bird it was. I think it was my easter egger who is around 3. Or it also could've been a chick we hatched last summer. Orpington/easter egger. Very interesting stuff!

OhMan!!!
I'd be wanting to find which bird is doing that.
Do you sell eggs?
If so, hope your customers are understanding of weirdness.

Back
Top Bottom