Abnormal poo?

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by braray, Jan 26, 2015.

1. braray

braray Out Of The Brooder

Jan 26, 2015
    One of my chickens has watery poo with undigested grass and a lil pile of rocks next to it. Is this normal? Thanks for any advise!!

2. casportpony

casportpony Team Tube Feeding Captain & Poop Inspector General Premium Member

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC. Is the hen acting 100% normall?

-Kathy

3. braray

Jan 26, 2015
    Yes, Im not sure which one did it but they are all acting normal. Thank you!

4. casportpony

casportpony Team Tube Feeding Captain & Poop Inspector General Premium Member

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
    If you don't have too many, it might be a good idea to weigh each one now, then again in a week. I use a digital kitchen scale to weigh mine and have found that routine weigh-ins can help spot the early signs of illness.

-Kathy

5. braray

Jan 26, 2015
    Will do!! Thank you for responding.

6. ChickensAreSweet

ChickensAreSweet Heavenly Grains for Hens

Watery poo can be from illness, worms, eating too much fruit, or drinking too much water in the summer (and other things probably that I don't know!).

I would watch them as Kathy said. See if you can detect any other signs of problems.

7. LordAseel

LordAseel New Egg

Dec 22, 2014
    [​IMG]
    is this normal ???[​IMG]
    and here is the culprit...roosting away after doing tge dirty bizniss....u guys think he is absolutely normal...with regards to his poo ??

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by