Abnormal Poop URGENT-already looked at the link- YUCKY PICS

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by IroquoisEgg, Sep 8, 2010.

1. IroquoisEgg

IroquoisEgg Chillin' With My Peeps

May 30, 2010
    Fair Oaks, CA
    Hey all,

One of my hens has been having poop that is white/clear with a bluish tint...almost like the color of skim milk...and just a few pieces of brown poop in there. Anyone seen this before? Others are having mucous white with spots of red in the brown...please help. Had to cull one hen Monday, and another, our favorite girl, has a broken leg for the 2nd time, different place. It's not her poop though as she is in a dog kennel by herself trying to heal.

Here's a couple pics. I didn't see specimens quite like these on the link for weird poop.

skim milk looking one
    [​IMG]

the one with red possible blood in it
    [​IMG]

Thanks to all who take the time to help. Newbie here, but have been through so much with these girls already...yet still learning more everyday

2. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    If it's been hot where you live, the heat will cause liquid diarrhea because they drink alot of water and it excretes much the same way. The poop with a little blood in it looks like it's shed intestinal lining which is normal, nothing to worry about.

3. NC29mom

NC29mom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2010
    Scotland Neck, NC
  4. Ozchicken

Ozchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2009
    Queensland, Australia
    I wouldn't be worried about those if you are seeing other more 'normal' droppings as well. If you only ever see ones like that with almost no brown in them, then I would think your birds aren't eating enough. I would consider their behaviour as well. If they look well and are eating and drinking as usual, then that would reassure me.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by