1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Abnormality on hatched chick?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by kroffchicks, Oct 21, 2015.

1. kroffchicks

kroffchicks New Egg

May 28, 2014
    We had some broody chickens sitting in some eggs layer by our ameracauana chickens. We had to help it hatch a little bit following directions we found in this page. When it was all hatched we noticed a yellow bulge on its bottom area. It looks kind of like a golf but have veins in it and there is some white yellowish hoop trailing off of it. Is this an abnormality? Or is it normal? We have never seen a chick this young before. The other hatched sometime in the night and we all fluffy and lively when we found them under their momma. What should we do?

2. kroffchicks

kroffchicks New Egg

May 28, 2014
    [​IMG]

3. kroffchicks

kroffchicks New Egg

May 28, 2014

4. kroffchicks

kroffchicks New Egg

May 28, 2014
    Well, I think I figured it out. It looked like it was a part of its insides sticking out, on one side I saw what look like skin that had broken where the bulge was. In any case the chick just stopped breathing a few seconds later. It was chirping and moving and trying to get up and then nothing.

5. Bantamz

Bantamz Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 5, 2014
    my house
    Awwwwwww.. Im sorry that's sad but it sounded like tyherre was nothing for you to do. Im sorry that's really sad!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by