About a month old now :) Need to find out breeds and genders:)

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by piggirl19, Oct 12, 2013.

1. piggirl19

piggirl19 Out Of The Brooder

Sep 24, 2013
    IN PET LAND! :D
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Shadow ( black and white chick ) little red( well um red of course) and lucky( the yellow chick with tremers:p

2. MamaDoodle

MamaDoodle Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 12, 2013
    Tennessee
    My Coop
    It looks like a little roo and two little hens. :) Congratulations! They are very cute, although my only need guess is the brown/red is a RIR...not sure for others.

Although, the little roo (pink comb: boy, yellow comb: girl) could be Dominque if I had to guess..? Hmm...

Last edited: Oct 12, 2013
  3. Veer67

Veer67 Chillin' With My Peeps

Could you get some pictures where they are in natural lighting? It's hard to tell the red chick's breed from the pictures.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2013
  4. piggirl19

Sep 24, 2013
    Not really I have to keep them in our basement right now but I really hope ur wrong about little red and lucky ... I had that happen wit four ducks I purchased and they all ended up as males... It's hard to find females I found three but one died ...

5. piggirl19

Sep 24, 2013
    Hey and do u know y his foot is like that . I mean it doesn't seem to bother him it's just a little odd for me I notice it all the time now:/

6. Veer67

Do you mean the Barred Rock's foot? He has curled toes which can happen from a too low hatching temperature, a too smooth floor, overcrowding, injury, nutritional deficiency, and heredity.

7. piggirl19

Sep 24, 2013
    Will it be a problem for him in the future? Is there a way to straighten his toes out?

8. Veer67

They are about 5 week old now right? I think that it he is too old now to try and fix his toes, it's more ideal to fix curled toes when they are younger ( for example 1 week old) before their bones have already hardened. Chickens with curled toes can live good lives too, here's a link: http://blog.mypetchicken.com/2012/02/29/crooked-toes/

Last edited: Oct 18, 2013
  9. piggirl19

Sep 24, 2013
    Ok I didn't notice it until last week but I don't if it will cause him problems in the future or will he be alright? Kinda worried

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by