About a month old now :) Need to find out breeds and genders:)

piggirl19

In the Brooder
6 Years
Sep 24, 2013
IN PET LAND! :D

Shadow ( black and white chick ) little red( well um red of course) and lucky( the yellow chick with tremers:p

It looks like a little roo and two little hens. :) Congratulations! They are very cute, although my only need guess is the brown/red is a RIR...not sure for others.

Although, the little roo (pink comb: boy, yellow comb: girl) could be Dominque if I had to guess..? Hmm...

Last edited:
Barred Rock or Cuckoo Maran rooster
Buff Orpington could be a rooster from the comb color but I'll stick with pullet for now.
Production Red or known as a hatchery Rhode Island Red he looks like a rooster from the last picture.

Shadow ( black and white chick ) little red( well um red of course) and lucky( the yellow chick with tremers:p
Could you get some pictures where they are in natural lighting? It's hard to tell the red chick's breed from the pictures.

Last edited:
Not really I have to keep them in our basement right now but I really hope ur wrong about little red and lucky ... I had that happen wit four ducks I purchased and they all ended up as males... It's hard to find females I found three but one died ...

Hey and do u know y his foot is like that . I mean it doesn't seem to bother him it's just a little odd for me I notice it all the time now:/

Hey and do u know y his foot is like that . I mean it doesn't seem to bother him it's just a little odd for me I notice it all the time now:/
Do you mean the Barred Rock's foot? He has curled toes which can happen from a too low hatching temperature, a too smooth floor, overcrowding, injury, nutritional deficiency, and heredity.

Will it be a problem for him in the future? Is there a way to straighten his toes out?
They are about 5 week old now right? I think that it he is too old now to try and fix his toes, it's more ideal to fix curled toes when they are younger ( for example 1 week old) before their bones have already hardened. Chickens with curled toes can live good lives too, here's a link: http://blog.mypetchicken.com/2012/02/29/crooked-toes/

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom