1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

? About Americauna Rooster

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by plumkrazypoultry, Aug 14, 2007.

1. plumkrazypoultry

plumkrazypoultry New Egg

Aug 5, 2007
    I have an Americauna Rooster and we are taking him to our fair ,he is very beautiful,but he has fuzzy down type feathers sticking out around his tail feather plumage . Is this normal? I am realitivity new to showing and wondered if this a dq? or is there anything I can do ?

Last edited: Aug 14, 2007
  2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

I can't tell you about showing but my Ameraucana cockerel has that and it's because a tail feather or two is missing from when he flew up into the sticky flytrap, LOL. It's just the under-down showing through where there isn't a feather, probably.

3. Cheri

Cheri Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2007
    Dayton, TX
    My Roo has that too. But he is a RIR. Makes me feel better to know it isn't nothing dangerous.

4. plumkrazypoultry

plumkrazypoultry New Egg

Aug 5, 2007
    :)Thanks guys , he has always had them he is only about 5.5 months old . So maybe they aren't in yet???

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by