About Anndie

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Anndie, Mar 28, 2018.

1. Anndie

Anndie Chirping

Mar 28, 2018
    Amity, Oregon
    Hi, I am new to backyard chickens but far from new to farming :) We have about currently about 35 hens laying, 2 hens raising broods. And then we have the teenagers , that aren't old enough to lay and are just hanging with the flock. My family sells free range eggs , rabbit , and beef to local families. I have used backyard chickens as a resource of information for a few years, and I enjoy reading the forums !

N F C, KikisGirls, Joeschooks and 6 others like this.
  2. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams

G'Day from down under Anndie :frow Welcome!

I am pleased you delurked and hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

BYC has Topic of the Week discussions which I have found to be a great resource, informative and sometimes entertaining; so definitely worth checking out.

If you would like to share Pictures and Stories of your flock and/or other critters, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out ;)

Including your general location on your profile will assist others. Location, climate, season etc can be important factors when members are responding to any questions you may have and vice versa.

You might want to also Find Your State Thread and pop in and say hello.

N F C, KikisGirls, Anagram and 5 others like this.
  3. Smuvers Farm

Smuvers Farm Melvin Up the Taterhole

Feb 16, 2017
    TN/Western KY Border
    :welcome:celebrate

Glad you're here !

A must have for your poultry is a FIRST AID KIT for any issues that would arise. (https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/suggestions-for-a-first-aid-kit.1150128/)
    It's definitely better to have it and not need it rather than need it and not have it.

Also, make sure your coop(s) have a proper amount of VENTILATION. (https://www.backyardchickens.com/ar...-there-and-cut-more-holes-in-your-coop.47774/) Your chickens will absolutely thank you for it!

One last thing, if you're into gardening, feel free to join this years SEED SWAP (https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/seed-swap.1220129/)

N F C, KikisGirls, Joeschooks and 3 others like this.
  4. Anndie

Anndie Chirping

Mar 28, 2018
    Amity, Oregon
    Thanks for the advice about the first aid, I generally keep a well stocked cabinet down in the barn with just about everything I need to fix, heal and generally rescue the crew in the coop.:)

5. Anndie

Anndie Chirping

Mar 28, 2018
    Amity, Oregon
    My coop is a room inside of our barn with all the roosts and a few laying boxes in it. It has a open ceiling with chicken wire for security. When they are done with their outside daily chicken activities on our farm they come in to roost and the security door comes down. I live in predator central, so their security at night is a very high priority for us.

6. N Sully

N Sully Songster

Sep 4, 2017
    South Dakota
    Welcome Anndie!

N F C, KikisGirls, Anagram and 3 others like this.
  7. Anagram

Anagram Songster

Apr 28, 2009
    Southern Oregon
    Welcome!

N F C, KikisGirls, Joeschooks and 3 others like this.
  8. 007Sean

007Sean Pheasant Whisperer

Oct 25, 2015
    South Central Texas
    Howdy Anndie :welcome:frow Happy:ya to have you join the family. Enjoy your time here at BYC! :)

9. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years.

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Nice to meet you Anndie, glad you joined us at Backyard chickens.

10. Joeschooks

Joeschooks Just clucking around

Feb 7, 2018
    Hampshire, UK
    My Coop
    Hello Anndie and welcome to BYC! There’s so many helpful, knowledgeable folks here and I’m sure you’ll find this site a very useful resource. I hope you enjoy it as much as we all do.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2018

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: