About me and my chickens

SixSassyHens

Hatching
5 Years
Jan 31, 2014
Hi, i have six chickens and they are my babies. I walk my chickens on leashes and i make them very mild costumes like bow ties and stuff like that. If you have a problem with it then please keep it to yourself. You have your opinion and i have mine. I also ride horses. I barrel race and show jump.

Oh do you have pics of your chickens on leashes!!

I would love to see pics. I bet they look adorable.

welcome-byc.gif

from WA state!

And have no fear, a lot of us are just crazy about our birds. For instance, I have taken my goose to a friend's house once and her husband came home to us chatting with a goose under the table. There's also even a thread for people who keep their chickens indoors as house pets. So walking them on a leash is not that unusual!

Alright
welcome-byc.gif
great to have you joining the BYC flock
frow.gif

I took my Geese ducks chickens on a 12 hour trip to see my mom
and family last summer and surprised a lot of folks who woke up
to a rooster crowing and I was surprised at how many people did
not know that roosters crow all day and night and hat really amazed
them was that all the birds stayed around my truck so I tried to explain
to them it was the only thing that was familiar to them and that was
why all the web footed creatures slept under the truck and the chickens
got on top or in the tree it was parked under ......

One thing any BYC'er can tell ya is that is you get bitten by the chicken
bug it is a hard habit to kick even harder then any drug ..........

Some of the flock

Some of the bigger ones

gander007
old.gif

I think it's great that your chickens go on a leash, also if you would take them into Petco or Petsmart, so people can see chickens can be great pets as well as egg bearers. If people would do this whenever they have the chance - it might bring new people over to the chicken side = less people complaining about others have birds.

images

Oh, you don't need to defend yourself around here on leashed chickens and birds in costumes!! There are lots of us that not only spoil our birds rotten, have them living in our homes with diapers, but treat them far better than our spouses!!!
lol.png

Great to have you aboard and enjoy BYC!

Welcome to BYC!
frow.gif
We're glad to have you. I've always though of trying to walk my chickens on a leash, but have never tried it. Do they seem to mind it?

Back
Top Bottom