About my animal friends

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by AnimalTamer, Feb 2, 2016.

1. AnimalTamer

AnimalTamer Out Of The Brooder

Feb 2, 2016
    This isn't exactly chickens,... do squirells and swans count? I am here for a big mission, which is making animal friends! I camwe here because of my newest friend, Rocket, the half-tame male swan. (he has a knob on his head. He's male.) I gave him pita chips and now he's my friend! Tips on helping me tame him and any other backyard or forest animals, contact me!!!!![​IMG]

2. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. I've raised squirrels but never swans. Definitely post on our Swan section in OtherBackyardPoultry under the Forum at the top of the page and take advantage of our swan experts there. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Cheers.

3. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

4. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and welcome to BYC - i hope you find the answers you need!

CT

5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Well I might be cautious of some wild animals like squirrels, raccoons, fox, etc. - they can carry rabies. I think you'd do better sticking to swans or geese or ducks. Just be aware during mating season they can be fiercely protective of eggs and hatched babies.

6. NickyKnack

NickyKnack Love is Silkie soft!

Hello!
    [​IMG]
    Welcome to BYC and the coop! There's a lot of great peeps here! Feel free to ask lots of questions. But most of all, make yourself at home. I'm so glad you decided to join the BYC family. I look forward to seeing you around BYC. Oh, swans are one of my favorites. But be careful with the wild things. They are unpredictable and as drumstick diva said, they carry diseases.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2016
  7. N F C

N F C doo be doo be doo Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

Other than admiring them from far off, I have no experience with swans. Hope someone over in the swan forum can help you out.

Thanks for joining us!

8. AnimalTamer

AnimalTamer Out Of The Brooder

Feb 2, 2016
    When is mating season? Just 2 be sure? o yeah, swan section![​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by