?? about Oxine in a spray bottle

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by gale65, Oct 18, 2011.

1. gale65

gale65 Chillin' With My Peeps

I've read that chlorine mixed w/ water needs to be remixed every day because the chlorine part of it will dissipate or disintegrate or whatever. Is this also true of oxine? I want something I can just use the spray off latches and handles and such (for my own peace of mind) and I've been using lysol (only on the outside of the coop-never inside) but I want something that is safer. But I want to be able to mix up a bottle and just use it every so often without having to remix it daily or whatever.

2. bfrancis

bfrancis Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2010
    Okmulgee Co, Oklahoma
    Here is a thread that a lot was discussed in there

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=571604&p=1

I personally mix a batch in a sprayer, nothing can evaporate because it's a sealed system. Just use it until it's gone then make a fresh batch. Oxine is an awesome product for disinfecting, we use it in our coops and runs...

3. gale65

thanks-do you use just a regular plastic sprayer like walmart sells?

4. bfrancis

bfrancis Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2010
    Okmulgee Co, Oklahoma
    I've seen them there in the garden dept. I use the kind that you pressurize the bottle before you spray. Like a "weed killer" bottle.

5. gale65

Quote:Do you mean those giant gallon size ones? I just want something I can use with a simple spray bottle-like you use for ironing.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by