About ready to pull the plug on my eggs... Should or shouldn't I?....

jfulcher

Songster
8 Years
May 24, 2011
Tucson, AZ 85712
Had bad temp fluctuations for a long time.... Then I messed up and opened too much during lockdown... No hatching so far.. Tomorrow 2 will be overdue... Staggered hatch... Yes now I know DO NOT DO A STAGGERED HATCH... Idk what to do... Pull the plug or wait it out?.............. Been crying all day...

i would hate if you did, but i cant stop you, and if you do think they are dead, then Crack 'em open and find out, i just wouldn't want you to kill them, and if you are really worried, then do yet another float test, yes i saw that you got a lot of replies on the topic you posted about float testing, but if you really wanna know then put em in water again and see if they move, if they don't then my best bet is that they are probably quitters, they died
sad.png

I'd wait at least 2 more days, I agree with your BF, wait till saturday! If you pull the plug on them now, you will destroy all chances...if you wait till staurday you'll be keeping some of the chances. It would be like buying a scratch ticket and then tossing it, because the chances weren't so good....you already bought it so scratch it! The eggs are already in the incubator, just leave them
big_smile.png

Quote:
I am just so scared they are dead. Thank you for your support! I hope I will be posting good news in the next few days!

fl.gif
for a good outcome!
You said you have a staggered hatch? when are the next ones due?

Quote:
I am just so scared they are dead. Thank you for your support! I hope I will be posting good news in the next few days!

fl.gif
for a good outcome!
You said you have a staggered hatch? when are the next ones due?

Well 2 were due today and the other 3 and due tomorrow, the next day and the next an the next.. Then there are 5 more.....Oneof which is due in 14 days...

Back
Top Bottom