About ready to pull the plug on my eggs... Should or shouldn't I?....

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by jfulcher, Jun 23, 2011.

  1. jfulcher

    jfulcher Chillin' With My Peeps

    May 24, 2011
    Tucson, AZ 85712
    Had bad temp fluctuations for a long time.... Then I messed up and opened too much during lockdown... No hatching so far.. Tomorrow 2 will be overdue... Staggered hatch... Yes now I know DO NOT DO A STAGGERED HATCH... Idk what to do... Pull the plug or wait it out?.............. Been crying all day...
     
  2. quintinp

    quintinp Chillin' With My Peeps

    2,069
    12
    171
    Oct 22, 2010
    Southern Oklahoma
    i would hate if you did, but i cant stop you, and if you do think they are dead, then Crack 'em open and find out, i just wouldn't want you to kill them, and if you are really worried, then do yet another float test, yes i saw that you got a lot of replies on the topic you posted about float testing, but if you really wanna know then put em in water again and see if they move, if they don't then my best bet is that they are probably quitters, they died [​IMG]
     
  3. jfulcher

    jfulcher Chillin' With My Peeps

    May 24, 2011
    Tucson, AZ 85712
    Quote:bf won't let me...
     
  4. quintinp

    quintinp Chillin' With My Peeps

    2,069
    12
    171
    Oct 22, 2010
    Southern Oklahoma
    yeah i know that means he has faith, or has invested a lot of money in this hatch, but if he has faith then let em try to hatch
     
  5. jfulcher

    jfulcher Chillin' With My Peeps

    May 24, 2011
    Tucson, AZ 85712
    Quote:He says "well by saturday we should know either they hatch or they don't so why do it" [​IMG]
     
  6. danielle82

    danielle82 A Good Egg

    Apr 27, 2009
    Tonasket Wa
    I'd wait at least 2 more days, I agree with your BF, wait till saturday! If you pull the plug on them now, you will destroy all chances...if you wait till staurday you'll be keeping some of the chances. It would be like buying a scratch ticket and then tossing it, because the chances weren't so good....you already bought it so scratch it! The eggs are already in the incubator, just leave them [​IMG]
     
  7. jfulcher

    jfulcher Chillin' With My Peeps

    May 24, 2011
    Tucson, AZ 85712
    Quote:I am just so scared they are dead. Thank you for your support! I hope I will be posting good news in the next few days!
     
  8. danielle82

    danielle82 A Good Egg

    Apr 27, 2009
    Tonasket Wa
    Quote:I am just so scared they are dead. Thank you for your support! I hope I will be posting good news in the next few days!

    [​IMG] for a good outcome!
    You said you have a staggered hatch? when are the next ones due?
     
  9. jfulcher

    jfulcher Chillin' With My Peeps

    May 24, 2011
    Tucson, AZ 85712
    Quote:I am just so scared they are dead. Thank you for your support! I hope I will be posting good news in the next few days!

    [​IMG] for a good outcome!
    You said you have a staggered hatch? when are the next ones due?

    Well 2 were due today and the other 3 and due tomorrow, the next day and the next an the next.. Then there are 5 more.....Oneof which is due in 14 days...
     
  10. farmgirlforever18

    farmgirlforever18 Chillin' With My Peeps

    427
    0
    119
    Mar 5, 2010
    Dublin TEXAS
    Don't pull the plug just give them a few more days you'll get a hatch
    my temp was all over the place to and there still ok so don't give up I'm with you all the way [​IMG] [​IMG]
     

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by