About Time I Joined

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by ChickenNuggs, Apr 26, 2018.

1. ChickenNuggs

ChickenNuggs In the Brooder

Apr 26, 2018
    I visited these forums so often I figured I might as well go ahead and become a member already!

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?

My family has had chickens before when I was a kid (I'm 21 currently, so it's been awhile).

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
    Just picked up some chicks from TSC a little over a week ago. 2 Buff Orpingtons (pullets), and 6 assorted straight runs, which I believe are barred rocks or some kind of cross breed. The staff didn't have any more info on them :confused:. Most likely will post pictures of them later to see what you all have to say.

(3) What breeds do you have?
    Oops, answered that above. But one day I'm looking forward to getting marans, ameraucanas, easter eggers (I like colored eggs!)

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?
    This forum was always the first website to pop up when I googled things.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
    I like building things/putting things together. Anything from furniture, to cat scratching posts, computers, and soon a chicken coop! Also love baking with a passion, which is why I need all these eggs :D

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
    All my friends and family are looking forward to getting eggs later this year. My boyfriend is a city boy at heart, but I sold him on the idea of chickens. I actually was in a public speaking class last year where I had to give a persuasive speech, I choose backyard chickens as my topic just so I could also deliver the speech to my boyfriend and convince him why they're so much better than just buying eggs. I also have a cat named Fifi who is very intrigued by the chicks. She could stare at them for hours, under supervision of course. My dream is to settle in Washington state with a huge, diverse flock of chickens laying beautifully colored eggs. I seemed to have forgotten one thing: My name is Sarah! It's so nice to join this community with all of you!

007Sean, hebe5, Joeschooks and 4 others like this.
  2. Mckennas poultry

Mckennas poultry Songster

Apr 24, 2018
    628CCF3F-4D09-46C0-8211-4A276A4451E0.jpeg Welcome to BYC here’s a pick of my buff Orpington “big mama”

3. GardenTillers44

GardenTillers44 Songster

Nov 26, 2016
    Hocking Hills, Ohio
    Hi Sarah! :frow Welcome to the BYC flock! We're glad to have you!

4. Hannan

Hannan In the Brooder

Feb 25, 2018
    Hi. I'm relatively new, too. but I've raised chicks and chickens several times. I can help out with full grown hens.

5. Ducksandchickens

Ducksandchickens Crowing

Apr 24, 2018
    I love buff Orpingtons!

6. Ducksandchickens

Ducksandchickens Crowing

Apr 24, 2018
    Does your mystery kind look like the black and white one. These are my girls. Penny (the red one) and Sherman (the black and white)

Attached Files:

7. KikisGirls

KikisGirls Read more

Welcome! :yesss: We are glad you joined this flock!
    Jump right in and make yourself at home.

This video will help you learn how to navigate this site:

Coop Ideas:
    Chicken Coops

BYC has an APP!

8. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years.

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
  9. Pork Pie

Pork Pie Flockwit

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and welcome to our community. Please make yourself at home.

007Sean, rosemarysugar and Joeschooks like this.
  10. Joeschooks

Joeschooks Just clucking around

Feb 7, 2018
    Hampshire, UK
    My Coop
    Hello Sarah
    :welcome There’s so many helpful, knowledgeable folks here and I’m sure you’ll find this site a very useful resource. I hope you enjoy it as much as we all do:thumbsup

007Sean and rosemarysugar like this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: