about time!!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by nicoletm24, Sep 29, 2010.

1. nicoletm24

nicoletm24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2010
    Timberlake
    well, i believe one of my Brown Leghorns is FINALLY laying. shes got to be almost 8 months old. went in today and there were 2 more eggs then usual. I suspect one other hen is laying too....i want to set up a camera in there to find out who?!?!?!?!? [​IMG]

2. Morgan7782

Morgan7782 Dense Egg Goo

Mar 22, 2010
    Sacramento CA
    Wow! 8 months for a leghorn! [​IMG] She was holding out lol, glad you got her first egg! [​IMG]

3. nicoletm24

Jul 11, 2010
    Timberlake
    Quote:no kidding!!! [​IMG] I've been waiting for a couple months now for some eggs. and I've been told they are such good layers! but, beggers can't be choosers! so, i'm happy one has started. I have 2 more leghorns that should start any day now. I think me letting a couple eggs set there in the nest, and letting them see they should be laying eggs too helped. was told that on another thread, that too let a couple eggs set there for a day and they would figure out what to do. hope it helped! [​IMG]

4. TK421

TK421 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 24, 2010
    Central TX
    congrats! I got my first egg ever yesterday afer 22 weeks. If I had to wait 8 months, I'd go absolutely crazy!

5. MakNugget

MakNugget Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2010
    Portland, OR
    Quote:Agreed. I've only started to calm down a bit after my #2 started laying yesterday (2 so far) and my #1 on her 9th cackleberry today. My BA is holding out but it doesn't look like she has very long with sudden wattle development the past couple days (24 weeks).

6. 3chimama

3chimama Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2010
    Pacific Northwest
    That is a long time!! congrats!

7. tuesdays chicks

tuesdays chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2010
    stuart florida
    wonder if it has anything to do with the moon, I got my 1st egg from my brahma yesterday too, at nearly 27 weeks.

8. nicoletm24

Jul 11, 2010
    Timberlake
    Quote:Maybe [​IMG] Either way I'm excited [​IMG]

I can't wait for my EE's to start (but I think one is a Roo) ... At least I'll know when they lay, lol...the others don't lay green or blue eggs.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by