About To Butcher Cornish X. Need Help!!

naznaz11

In the Brooder
Apr 21, 2021
After I butcher the chicken I will then let it sit in cold iced water for 2 hours (unbagged)

then I will slice up the chicken in pieces and put inside of a ziplock bag to let is "rest" in the fridge for 3 days

after 3 days, I will put the bagged chicken in the freezer.

is this the correct way of getting a juicy delicious chicken?

Last edited:
After I butcher the chicken I will then let it sit in cold iced water for 2 hours (unbagged)

then I will slice up the chicken in pieces and put inside of a ziplock bag to let is "rest" in the fridge for 3 days

after 3 days, I will put the bagged chicken in the freezer.

is this the correct way of getting a juicy delicious chicken?
That's pretty much how I do it. Are you using the poultry shrink bags? I find they work better than vacuum bags or zip lock bags. I leave most of mine whole, but do a four way cut on some of them.

That's pretty much how I do it. Are you using the poultry shrink bags? I find they work better than vacuum bags or zip lock bags. I leave most of mine whole, but do a four way cut on some of them.
just regular big ziplock bags.

does it make a difference if i cut them or just put the whole chicken in the bag?

I rest mine whole in the fridge for a couple of days before cutting up and freezing. I don’t know if it makes a difference.

those shrink bags look so cool, but I’ve just used gallon or jumbo freezer bags too.

I rest mine whole in the fridge for a couple of days before cutting up and freezing. I don’t know if it makes a difference.

those shrink bags look so cool, but I’ve just used gallon or jumbo freezer bags too.
when you put it in the fridge to rest, is the chicken unbagged or bagged?

does it make a difference if i cut them or just put the whole chicken in the bag?
It can make a difference (convenience) when you pull the frozen chicken out to use it.

I don't know if it makes a difference to how quickly the chicken becomes tender-- I'm guessing it does NOT make a difference, but I don't know for sure.

I part mine out, so it fits in a gallon ziplock,
then rest in fridge then freeze after so many days.
Note these are layer birds, not CX.

Back
Top Bottom