About to buy!

jojoma283

In the Brooder
5 Years
Apr 21, 2014
Hello!

My wife, our two kids and I are about to buy 6 chicks from Tractor Supply!

I am very excited because I have always wanted chickens. I have begun to look at different options for coops that I will build and have the perfect spot in the backyard picked out. Any tips for us as we are getting started? We are not completely organic people but do get as much as we can because we would rather live without all the fun little extras in food these days. We are planning on these chickens to be good egg producers so any thoughts on what to feed them that may be more organically conscious?

Thanks for your help and suggestions!
yippiechickie.gif

images

Welcome to BYC!

You have been given some great advice here and lots of links for good reading!

Enjoy this new journey you are on and welcome to our flock!

Welcome to BYC! I'm very excited for you! I was just at Tractor Supply yesterday to buy bird feed for my geese. There were a ton of chicks there for sale and I was pretty tempted to buy a few. Only I haven't set up my coop yet!

Good luck with your chickens!

Welcome to BYC! I'm very excited for you! I was just at Tractor Supply yesterday to buy bird feed for my geese. There were a ton of chicks there for sale and I was pretty tempted to buy a few. Only I haven't set up my coop yet!

Good luck with your chickens!
Don't wait too long to get your chicks! Pretty soon they won't be carrying any. You can get the coop up later. Get the chicks!!!! :)

Hello!

My wife, our two kids and I are about to buy 6 chicks from Tractor Supply!

I am very excited because I have always wanted chickens. I have begun to look at different options for coops that I will build and have the perfect spot in the backyard picked out. Any tips for us as we are getting started? We are not completely organic people but do get as much as we can because we would rather live without all the fun little extras in food these days. We are planning on these chickens to be good egg producers so any thoughts on what to feed them that may be more organically conscious?

Thanks for your help and suggestions!
yippiechickie.gif

Alot depends on where you are (climate, predators, etc)
Just remember, everybody has their own way of doing things and your way will work out great.

Back
Top Bottom