About to get my first batch of hatching eggs!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by pinusresinosa, Feb 26, 2014.

1. pinusresinosa

pinusresinosa Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 23, 2013
    North Branch, MN
    USPS tracking says that today is the expected delivery date. They're not here yet, but in my experience this is usually pretty accurate for USPS. So today is probably going to be a big day!

I've had my DIY incubator up and running for over a week now. Nice and steady temps in there with perfect humidity, and we've even learned how to change it to adjust it if we need to over this time. Feeling pretty confident!

My ducks have started laying eggs themselves too, so in there is already on day 2 a duck egg from my own flock.

I am so extremely excited...

2. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    Good luck with your hatch! Hope USPS was kind to the eggs and you get lots of ducklings. Exciting that it is a new diy incubator, they are always a fun challenge to work with.

3. pinusresinosa

Dec 23, 2013
    North Branch, MN
    Just got them in the mail! Beautiful, perfectly packed. Everything looks good despite USPS taking longer than expected.
    [​IMG]

4. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    Glad they all made it OK, pretty colorful assortment of eggs, now hope they hatch for you.

5. pinusresinosa

Dec 23, 2013
    North Branch, MN
    They've all been put into the incubator over the weekend. I'll candle them at the end of the week.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by