ABout to give up on my Silkie Roos

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by desertgirl, Nov 9, 2009.

1. desertgirl

desertgirl Roo Magnet

Mar 29, 2009
    Albuquerque,NM
    I never wanted roos, yet I seem to have a knack for ending up with them. I have two gorgeous and sweet George Mihalik Silkies, whom I love! But they both crow morning, noon, and night and it is driving me crazy (I work nights). I can keep them relatively quiet if I keep them in the coop, but as soon as they are out they start up. It's killing me, and though the neighbours have not complained, it must be driving them nuts,too (we live in the city for crissakes!).

Just about to post on the buy/sell/trade....[​IMG]

2. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

Im sorry. [​IMG] My silkie roosters hardly ever crow. Once or twice in the morning and thats all. [​IMG]

3. OpheliaChick

OpheliaChick Out Of The Brooder

Jul 9, 2009
    CT
    I ordered a straight run of Silkies from McMurray this past June and ended up with three roos. [​IMG] All three of them were mean to my girls and would try to out crow each other. I tried for four months to give them away but no one would take them. Finally, I had to take care of my roo problem myself... I hope you have better luck getting rid of your Silkies then I did. [​IMG]

4. Elite Silkies

Elite Silkies Overrun With Chickens

Jun 17, 2009
    Oklahoma
    My Coop
    If you decide to sell them, post pics please.......

5. desertgirl

desertgirl Roo Magnet

Mar 29, 2009
    Albuquerque,NM
    Will do, but they are in New Mexico...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by