About to order some EE hatching eggs! :D

Mmmaddie13

Songster
9 Years
Mar 5, 2011
Berthoud, CO
Hello everyone!
I'm brand new to this site, and a little rusty on my hatching "skills," so I'm posting in hopes of obtaining some great tips to get the highest percentage hatch that I could pOssibly get.
smile.png

So here's a little about me; I have hatched a total of 3 times, the first time I set 3 eggs, two hatched, one lived, the second time, one of eight hatched and didn't survive, the third time two out of about a dozen hatched and both survived. The second and third batches of eggs were shipped hatching eggs, and the first I gathered from my neighbor's little flock. But this time I will be purchasing a dozen hatching eggs that will be shipped to me hopefully next week. I have a HovaBator incubator model 1602N, with no automatic egg turner, it's been sitting in storage for about 2 years, so it's a little dusty, I'll have to clean it. I've fired it up and had it set at a pretty steady temperature and humidity output, so I think it'll still work okay.

A couple questions I have for all of you experienced hatchers, what is the best advice you'd give to a novice in order to get a great hatch? Like what temperature should the room be that the incubator is in? (I have a bedroom in the house that remains at a steady temp, but it's usually not warmer than 60-65 degrees, and the door is always closed. How many times should I turn the eggs in a day? In the past I think I've turned them 3 times a day.

Any advice will be much appreciated!
smile.png

Thanks in advance,
Maddie

Well first
welcome-byc.gif

yes turn eggs 3 times as far as room temp sounds about right. I have mine in room that stays around 60 to 70 degrees.

Good luck
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom