About us.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by lacey eggs, Oct 6, 2011.

1. lacey eggs

lacey eggs Out Of The Brooder

Oct 5, 2011
    Hi everyone! First I`d like to say "Wow, what a great forum". I`m Susan and my hubby is Bo. We live in Daleville AL. My brother suggested this forum, when I told him that we wanted to keep a few laying hens. During our vacation in England last month we ate lots of fresh eggs. On returning to the States last Tuesday, I realized how much I`d missed that taste while living in the States (I was born and raised in England). I have seen a few signs at the side of the road, but wanted our own eggs. Soooooo! By Friday we were building our coop. I read and reread gobs of posts from the members here to get ideas on how to build a coop. Its only small. 4x8 with a 16' run. We have a plan to extend it in the near future, but for now its enough to house the 6 Black Copper Morans that we picked up today. They are young and were all hatched within 2 months of each other. Hopefully they will start laying in a couple of months. We put them straight in the coop with food and water. So far only 2 have ventured out into the run and returned inside at night fall. I can`t wait to take my morning coffee out and see the rest come out. [​IMG]

2. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

[​IMG]

Very nice intro. Glad you are joining us.

Imp

3. Erbaluce

Erbaluce Out Of The Brooder

Oct 4, 2011
    Rome-Italy
    Hello lacey eggs, happy to know also you wanted hens for your own eggs [​IMG]
    you had vacation in England, I live in Italy.
    I would like see pics of your hens and chicken coop
    bye Erbaluce

4. AlienChick

AlienChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2010
    Glasgow, KY
    Hi, Susan and [​IMG]

I, too, enjoy my fresh eggs!

Enjoy your flock of Marans! [​IMG]

5. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Welcome to BYC.

6. SilkieBantams

SilkieBantams Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2011
    Houston, TX
    [​IMG] from Texas

7. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, Susan and Bo and [​IMG]. Sounds like you are well on your way to being a great chicken family! Enjoy! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. greymane

greymane Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2011
    Snyder County, PA
    [​IMG] from the Finger Lakes of New York! So glad you joined us. Best of luck with the new chickens!

[​IMG]

9. silkymom1986

silkymom1986 The Silkie Villa

Sep 28, 2011
    Byhalia, MS
    [​IMG] from North MS!! Welcome to the greatest chicken forum ever!!! I can hardly eat eggs out anymore I am so spoiled on fresh ones, lol. My parents and in laws are always asking for fresh eggs which I don't mind sharing! Good luck with your new flock! Post some pics when you have time!

10. Nmarine1057

Nmarine1057 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2011
    Byhalia Ms
    [​IMG] from ms, I agree I'd love to see some pics of your setup!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by