? about value on a Sportsmen incubator

justlookin

Hatching
8 Years
Feb 28, 2011
Hi I going to look at a Sportsmen 1502 Incubator for sale its 5 yrs old with lite use. For $400 is that a good deal and what should I watch for? Thanks

Well I can't say I know completly what it's worth, but I will say please make sure it works! We bought a used incubator and hatcher and of course the turner didn't work
roll.png
figures.

I hope you get a good deal!

Have the seller plug it in and turn on. You should get a series of beeps at startup. With the door latched shut, make sure the temp climbs up to the set limit. To test the turner, when it's running press and hold the 3rd button from the front on the panel (Right rear side) and it'll activate the manual turn feature. Make sure it turns all the way to one side. Release the button, then press it again and hold in to make it turn completely to the other direction. You can buy a new 1502 with shipping for about 700, so your deal sounds pretty good. I don't know if you have a hatcher but the hatch tray that comes with the 1502 is sort of chinsey, I went to a sheet metal shop and are having them fab me out a custom tray out of stainless. I also have the 1550 hatcher, I'm having them build larger trays for that also, QGF designed them a little to small for the chicks to fully stand up.

Back
Top Bottom