About What Age??

Alex1010

Chirping
Oct 8, 2015
North Carolina
so I have 6 chicks right now, Tolbunt Polish, Paint Silkie, Cream Legbar. And they're about 2 weeks top. well some are younger but that's the oldest one. Its November when can I put them outside in they're separate coop? And would they need a heat lamp? Anybody is this current situation?

That's Them..

You can put them out in the coop when they are fully feathered (typically around 6-7 weeks). You won't need a heat lamp in the coop unless your temperatures drop below zero. Just be sure that their coop is draft free, dry, and well ventilated to prevent moisture from building up inside it. Feathers are wonderful insulators and moisture is a much greater danger than cold.

You can put them out in the coop when they are fully feathered (typically around 6-7 weeks). You won't need a heat lamp in the coop unless your temperatures drop below zero. Just be sure that their coop is draft free, dry, and well ventilated to prevent moisture from building up inside it. Feathers are wonderful insulators and moisture is a much greater danger than cold.
Thanks I'll Try That

Back
Top Bottom