Abraham's oh so happy birthday present!!!!

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by luvmychicknkids, Jan 17, 2009.

1. luvmychicknkids

luvmychicknkids Canning Squirrel

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    My middle son is turning 9 on the 21st of this month. One of his big dreams is to have a snake of his own....not one he has to share with me. [​IMG] Anyway, a few days ago a friend told me her niece and her boyfriend are having to sell their male/female mated pair of Ball Pythons. Soooooo, needless to say, they now live with us. We got both snakes, the cage, a separate feeding cage, all their accessories, etc. for $125!!!! [​IMG] we could NOT pass up a deal like that!!!!! [​IMG]

His favorite series of books (Cirque Du Freak by Darren Shan) has a character named Evera, he is a snake boy. So, he named the male Evera and the female Eve. They think the female may already be pregnant, so cross your fingers for us. [​IMG]

Here he is with his new babies. [​IMG]

Here they are in their hidey. Eve is curled up under it and Evera is poking his head out on top of her.
    [​IMG]

The moment of seeing them:
    [​IMG]

Him holding them. Evera is crawling up his face and Eve has her head on his shoulder.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 17, 2009
  2. BirdBoy88

BirdBoy88 Angel Egg

Dec 26, 2007
    Maryland
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Lol Christy that is to cute!!!!!!!

he is in all shock

and the snakes are crazy beautiful i just love it! [​IMG]

and it's so cute how much he looks just like you LOL he looks just like you!

these are one of the best Birthday Gifts ever!

Happy Birthday to Abraham!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. JustChicky

JustChicky Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 14, 2008
    East Texas
    They are beautiful. But they make my skin crawl. I don't know why? I don't like to see them move [​IMG]

My mom and brother have snakes. I am glad I don't live at home!

Oh yeah... Happy Birthday Abraham!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2009
  4. luvmychicknkids

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    Thanks guys. [​IMG] Yeah, I am just glad I like snakes....with 3 boys I would be in big trouble if I didn't. [​IMG]

And yeah, Mark, he does look just like me. Kinda funny, my oldest and youngest have blond hair and light eyes....then there is Abraham. [​IMG]

5. BirdBoy88

BirdBoy88 Angel Egg

Dec 26, 2007
    Maryland
    Lol to cute! there's always that one [​IMG]

i am just loving this it's the best! i love snakes every thing about them i think everyone should have a snake or two...lol

6. luvmychicknkids

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    LOL, me too. I am a HUGE fan of snakies. My husband, however, can't stand them!!! He is so good. He agreed to get them without putting up a fuss, went with me to get them, helped carry them in the house.....he is just a sweetheart. [​IMG] Wouldn't touch one to save his life, but he is good about us loving them. [​IMG]

7. BirdBoy88

BirdBoy88 Angel Egg

Dec 26, 2007
    Maryland
    [​IMG] that's to sweet

i know you all are going to enjoy those beautiful snakes for a very very very very very long time [​IMG]

8. Buster

Buster Back to Work

We had two Columbian Red-tailed boas until we realized that the bigger one which was 9 feet long, had been fed rabbits that were larger than my son who was born premature. We donated them to the ISU herpatology center after that. We will probably have more in the future but not until my boys are much bigger.

9. HorseFeathers

HorseFeathers Frazzled

Apr 2, 2008
    Southern Maine
    Ooooohh! Your lucky son! I am forever trying to convince my parents to get me a ball python... I almost had my mom convinced, too, after seeing an especially beautiful male in Florida...

10. luvmychicknkids

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    I totally understand that, Buster!!! My kids were all preemies (my oldest 1 lb 14 oz) and even though they are all pretty big now, the larger snakes still worry me!!! LOL Of course, they are always babies to mom!!! [​IMG]

Maybe they will let you some day, envirogirl. [​IMG] Ball pythons are not my favorite by any means....I am a kingsnake freak. [​IMG] But, this is what he wanted soooooo bad (well, or an anaconda and that obviously isn't gonna happen!!!)!!! However, I am quickly falling for these two. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by