Oct 22, 2014
I accidendly stepped on my 2
weeks old
chick in one second his right eye
got really big lime it was going two
pop out and went all blue and his
left eye is fine he walks fine please
tell me what to do

I don't think there is a whole lot you can do at this point. These sort of accidents happen. So,
#1 Don't blame yourself.
#2 Just observe the chick carefully. Make sure the others don't peck at it's eye. Make sure it is eating, drinking and pooping normally.
#3 If the others do bother it, I would isolate it until it gets better.

I don't think the eye will ever go back to normal although it may clear up a bit. It may be this way forever. I have a hen that was born with a bad eye. She is blind in one eye but is doing just fine.

So sorry for your accident.
hugs.gif

I don't think there is a whole lot you can do at this point. These sort of accidents happen. So,
#1 Don't blame yourself.
#2 Just observe the chick carefully. Make sure the others don't peck at it's eye. Make sure it is eating, drinking and pooping normally.
#3 If the others do bother it, I would isolate it until it gets better.

I don't think the eye will ever go back to normal although it may clear up a bit. It may be this way forever. I have a hen that was born with a bad eye. She is blind in one eye but is doing just fine.

So sorry for your accident.
hugs.gif

It happens - for now you just need to monitor the little one and provide appropriate supportive care. Assure proper intake and output and take necessary protective measures should you see the need arise.

Thank u so much but still it was a chick I cant forgive my self its killing me inside why wasnt I carefull when I look in his eye it just breaks my heart is there any way to just make his eyes little better

Thank u so much but still it was a chick I cant forgive my self its killing me inside why wasnt I carefull when I look in his eye it just breaks my heart is there any way to just make his eyes little better

I empathize with you, but there is nothing that I know of you can do to help his eye. Just forgive yourself, and keep a watch on the chick.

Today his eye went little smaller and he closed his eyes right eye and when I try to open it water comes out

I wouldn't try to open it. The chick may be more comfortable with it closed. Just let it try to heal on it's own.

Back
Top Bottom