Accidental upside down incubation.

themenagerie

Songster
8 Years
Jun 8, 2011
I"m curious. I noticed when I was candling my eggs that one of them had a less than obvious pointy end, and I had been incubating it upside down for 11 days, or maybe I just put it in upside down after I candled at 7 days.? It does appear to be developing. Any guesses as to whether this little peep can hatch? I have corrected the issue, for better or worse, it's now in the incubator large end up. Thanks for your input.

I"m curious. I noticed when I was candling my eggs that one of them had a less than obvious pointy end, and I had been incubating it upside down for 11 days, or maybe I just put it in upside down after I candled at 7 days.? It does appear to be developing. Any guesses as to whether this little peep can hatch? I have corrected the issue, for better or worse, it's now in the incubator large end up. Thanks for your input.
It can, and if it's developing probably will. There's a higher chance of him being a malepositioned chick, but that doesn't mean he will or that if he is he won't hatch.

Back
Top Bottom