Accidentally bought Dumor instead of Purina.....can I feed it them???

Willow's Meadow

Songster
9 Years
Apr 16, 2010
My mom accidently bought a 50 lbs. bag of Dumor Layer Feed instead of 50 lbs. bag of Purina Layer Feed......I feed them Purina. Can I feed them the Dumor or should I just return the Dumor Layer and get Purina Layer???

Last edited:
No worries you'll be fine feeding Dumor layer. Dumor is milled by Purina for TSC. It is good stuff and a dollar or so cheaper than the Purina they carry.

Quote:
Yup, it's Purina, house branded for TSC. Your mom's a sharp bargain hunter.

Think Whirlpool re-branded as Kenmore. Same washing machine.
smile.png

Was not aware of that at all, so the only difference is the price. Guess the only reason to pay for the more expensive Purina is the more colorful bag and the name! Thanks for the heads-up!

They will also honor and meet a competitors price. A feed store near me sells purina much cheaper than TS but I drive the extra distance to TS for 15% finisher, 20% and 24% grower. My feed store only sells 18% grower and layena so TS meets the feed store layena price.

Well actually I compared the ingredients and the percentages of calcium in the Purina were much higher then Dumor and ALL the vitamins that are in the Purina food are not in the Dumor.......the vitamins were listed in the Purina ingredients. So we ended up returning the Dumor feed and getting the Purina.

Back
Top Bottom