Accidentally got a WLRC (bantam?) Looking for advice on caring for her

Southstar

Chirping
Mar 21, 2021
South Florida
Hi! I have a beautiful little 6 month old WLRC (probably a bantam) named Buttercup. She was labelled as a Buff Orpington and I figured out pretty quick after getting her that she was too dark in color.
She is very energetic. We call her our little roadrunner. Super friendly and mild-mannered. I was wondering how long she will live for? I have also heard that some chickens can eat themselves to death and wanted to know if Buttercup falls into that category. She currently weighs 2lbs with no health issues.

(Note: The picture is a couple months old, but I thought it was adorable. She did that on her own)

Attachments

• Buttercup.jpeg
    Buttercup.jpeg
    436.7 KB · Views: 12
Thank you guys for the replies! Definitely put my mind at ease. Roughly how long do WLRC bantams live for? (assuming that she is well cared for and no freak illnesses)

Thank you guys for the replies! Definitely put my mind at ease. Roughly how long do WLRC bantams live for? (assuming that she is well cared for and no freak illnesses)
Hard to say, I've had chickens live to 8 (before coyotes got her) and there are several members here with older chickens than that.

I think they live the same average time as other breeds. I know the rounder their skull, the more they seem to have neuro problems in my experience. But besides occasional twitches, mine all seem just fine

Back
Top Bottom