Accounting

ChickenScratchin

Chirping
8 Years
Aug 26, 2011
Colorado
Not sure where to post this, but here goes...

What kind of software does everyone use for accounting for selling eggs for a small flock? (Hopefully something free or cheap?
big_smile.png
)

Super cheap. I mark sales down on a calander I got free from my feed store.

Maybe you don't want to do any accounting...according to my chart, my eggs should cost 5.47 each to break even. But that is probably because only two of the 9 girls I have are actually laying...

lol.png
Yeah, I know profitability (or lack thereof) won't necessarily be pretty. Mostly I just need to keep track of eggs and payments. I'll check that one out, thanks!

I'd use a calendar but that would get me in trouble fast, as I'm horrible with math.
barnie.gif

I dont really keep track other than my check book. Its all farm so i at least i can write everything off. I do mark my deposits to know if they are from eggs or chickens or coops or whatever else i say. Notice its full? i just got new checks. I write more of them than id like lol. Back before i realized i wouldnt make any money off them i used a simple spreadsheet.

2011-09-08_02-48-37_75.jpg

Quote:
Heh...I could keep track of our rainfall with a matchbook cover. It'd take me a thousand years to fill up a comp book with our precip.
lol.png
rant.gif
hit.gif

But physical paperwork just takes up too much room and gets lot on my desk.

Yeah, until/unless I can find some software I like, I just built myself a spreadsheet (modeled off of the one from Hardins). It has what I need, but I'd still really like a nice interface that's easy to use. I checked out a few mentioned on BYC, but none really had the features I would like, without all the stuff that's superfluous for me. If I was any good with programming, I'd do it myself. But I'm hopeless at it. Oh well.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Last edited:
We have something nice and is only $9.99 per year. All your data is secure and online. SSL(https://) just like when you login to your bank. Data can be available to you anywhere you go. This is more than just for eggs. It works for breeding, feed usage, costs, etc... We also have free monthly sheets. We usually enter the data once per month from the sheets. We enter our expenses and breeding activity as it happens, but summarize and enter the summarized data once per month. See the link in our signature for the free forms.

Quote:
Take a look at our trial demo and free forms. If there is something specific that you are looking for, then let us know. Unlike spreadsheets our application provides comparisons from year to year and month to month.

Back
Top Bottom