aceh pheasant

Discussion in 'Pheasants and Partridge (Chukar)' started by De Wet, Mar 16, 2013.

1. De Wet

De Wet Chillin' With My Peeps

2. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Must be in Indonesia....

3. Tony K T

Tony K T Overrun With Chickens

Jul 28, 2008
    New Hampshire
    Beautiful birds.I am not positive,but I think they are salvadori pheasants.I say this because of the yellow teardrop.I had a male a few years back,but I really don't remember exactly what they look like.Jeff Berger in Wa has probably the only ones left in the states.Yes,I do want some.
    In N.H.,Tony.

4. De Wet

I read about this birds and they say it is a type of subspecies of the salvadori pheasant but it looks like the salvadori pheasant

5. Lophura

Lophura Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2008
    Holden, Missouri
    There is a debate/discussion that seems ongoing on the species/subspecies status of the Aceh. For a very long time, it was only known from a skin.

Dan

6. De Wet

Hi Dan welcome back on the forum long time no see

7. Tony K T

Tony K T Overrun With Chickens

Jul 28, 2008
    New Hampshire
    Yes Dan,it's good to have you back,you are a good resource for this site.Glad to see you decided to come back on.
    In N.H.,Tony.

8. Lophura

Lophura Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2008
    Holden, Missouri
    Thanks guys, was surprised I was able to log in!! We'll see how long before someone turns me in again & I have NO faith or trust in the.... let's just say, I'm not taking my coat off. I can't read the "Hybrid Pheasant" topic, but see it's still there. Shameful.

Dan

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by