ACK!!!! Gustav

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by seminolewind, Aug 28, 2008.

1. seminolewind

seminolewind Flock Mistress Premium Member

Sep 6, 2007
    spring hill, florida
    We live on the gulf side of Florida. Another watch. I know Gustav runs a better chance of landing elsewhere, but all the same, ya never know!

Who's preparing?

Last edited: Aug 28, 2008
  2. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    This is one reason I will NEVER live in FL Another reason...NO SNOW! I could NOT live without snow...LOTS of snow. LOVE IT! Good luck and I hope it doesn't hit you guys!

3. smom1976

smom1976 too many projects too little time!

May 2, 2008
    Pensacola, FL
    we are keeping both eyes on it.. [​IMG]

4. kinnip

kinnip Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2008
    Carrollton, GA
    I'm digging the proverbial ostrich hole. If I ignore it it will go away. If I ignore it it will go away. If I ignore it it will go away. If I ignore it it will go away. If I ignore it it will go away. If I ignore it it will go away. If I ignore it it will go away. If I ignore it it will go away...

5. smileybritches

smileybritches Chillin' With My Peeps

filled the tanks on the truck up, bought 2 more 5 gallon cans for gas, bought a 5k a/c so we can cool at least one room for sleeping--i don't care how much gas for the generator is. went WEEKS without electricity after katrina. got doggie meds today going to get chicken feed and dog food tomorrow oh and people food. mowed the grass and spied the ice chests in the back of the shed, tomorrow i will.....[​IMG][​IMG]

6. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    I am hoping for all the Gulf Coast residents that this does not turn into another Katrina. Everyone is certainly in our prayers.

7. seminolewind

seminolewind Flock Mistress Premium Member

Sep 6, 2007
    spring hill, florida
    Quote:My favorite place , I think, would be the Smokey Mountains in Tenn.
    However, living in LI NY for 25+ years, and shoveling driveways, esp the last one which was 200 feet long gravel, and raking 3 weeks worth of leaves every fall, I just got tired of it. But snow would be fun to visit, esp being in NYC at Christmas time during a snowfall!

This area, north of Tampa, has not gotten a direct hit in over 20 years or more. I know that doesn't mean much, but it makes me feel a bit better. This year we have a motor home, so we can live without electric for a while if necessary

8. hiddenmagnolia

hiddenmagnolia Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 21, 2007
    South Louisiana
    Both trucks tanked up, 20 gals of extra gas, tested generator,extra food, important paper packed, extra animal food , family plans to go to Dallas if it need be. I live on the south West coast of Louisiana. So we stay ready this time of year. That way we don't have to rush around.

9. Stumpy

Stumpy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2008
    We were harder hit by Ivan than Katrina, going without water and power for 80 hours. Since then, we've bought two generators and lots of gas cans. We have a full pantry, candles, lots of gas on hand, and our chain saw, so we're about as prepared as we can get, I guess.

10. d.k

d.k red-headed stepchild

* We got snow. 1977. Even lasted long enough to dust windsheilds. [​IMG] Gustav, ACK! Hanna, Dagnabit!! [​IMG][​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by