Acne treatments

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by miss_thenorth, Dec 4, 2009.

1. miss_thenorth

miss_thenorth Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2007
    SW Ont, Canada
    I'm hoping that since ther are alot of people here with all different experiences, I might get your opinion on acne treatments that anyone has used. My ds, who is 13, is starting to break out--not bad bad acne, but regular teenage pimples on his face and back.

What has worked for you? Home remedies, commercial remedies, doctor prescripts . Please share!!

2. Mattemma

Mattemma Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    Spot treatment with tea tree oil seems to help. I have read that using 2.5% benz. peroxide is good after a face wash.It does not dry as bad as the 10% one,but I have yet to find anything but 10% at the store.

3. Beau coop

Beau coop Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2008
    WNY
    My daughter had a script for Duac wash and ointment from the doctor. It is a combination of antibiotic and benz. peroxide. Worked great until she started reacting to the benzoyl peroxide. She got a new script (can't remember name- will ask when I see her shortly) that doesn't work quite as well but doesn't cause her face to itch and sting.

4. fordmommy

fordmommy Dancing With My Chickens

Jul 16, 2009
    Wisconsin
    Every night after I was my face with Dove facial scrubs, I put a dab of hand santizer with aloe on my face. It has worked wonders on my face. I has kept everything in check and doesn't dry out my skin. And I am sensitve.

5. Hippie Chickie

Hippie Chickie Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2009
    Port Orchard
    I use the Burt's Bees acne treatments. I'm over thirty and still get it. The Burts has really cleared it up without agitating may skin.

6. newchickenfamily

newchickenfamily Chillin' With My Peeps

I've tried MANY things over the years and the only thing that has EVER worked for me is Proactiv. Kind of pricey, but it's been a sanity saver for me. I never "grew out" of pimples. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by