Across the street from my house.

Fox kill and eat Cats.....Do not free range...They are crafty and if not scared of humans they will come and grab a Chicken even if your outside...I know because it happened to me....

Cheers!

Kittens yes. Cats >= kittens. Fully adult cats in good health I doubt unless the fox has friends. Cats here more than hold their ground against Red Fox. Fox may be able to harass adult cats.

I have a Red Fox problem...My Husband saw the Fox running after a full grown Cat...They can kill and take down large Rabbits too also small house dogs.....Fox are a predator to watch out for...

Cheers!

You can have a lesser animal displace a larger one that is not motivated. Small house dogs often have difficulty licking their own butts which makes me think they are not very tough by any measures. Cats are tougher. My dog can kill a full sized tom cat in seconds but no quicker that they can kill a fox. Yes they are a predator to watch out for.

Edited by Staff

Last edited by a moderator:
I put them up and trying to keep them up for a few days. Hopefully he keeps traveling on. The house that he was at is not occupied it belonged to an older lady and she had a few cats .. the people in the neighborhood are related and keep the cats fed .. So maybe he eats the kibble and they have a good relationship :) I have a few chickens that can fly over our fence I need to clip them but they also free range alot and I think that may hep them survive. We have a german shepard in our fence so I think he keeps things away.. We also take him out on the property so he can pee the perimater. I haven't gotten any eggs in a few weeks and one night my daughter was looking for frogs and bats and she found a stash of eggs.. they had survived bush hogging and a week or so in a field.. The fox could have been snacking on those if he wanted.. made me so mad

Back
Top Bottom