1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login, otherwise join BYC here!

acting odd

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by imsmith, Dec 7, 2016.

1. imsmith

imsmith New Egg

Oct 14, 2016
    I have a aracauna that is about 8 mo. she is standing erect, is all fluffed out, and squatting down kind of. It is kinda cold here by calif standards low 40s. Have not been able to catch here. Thanks for any help.

2. MasterOfClucker

MasterOfClucker Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2016
    Iowa
    First of all Welcome to BYC!!!.Try catching her on the perch at night.Unfortunately im going to need more info.

Is she laying?

Is She drinking/eating?

Does her foot have a inflammation or any sign of bumble foot?

Did you check her for mites/lice?

3. imsmith

imsmith New Egg

Oct 14, 2016
    Thanks so much for your response.
    Believe the issue has resolved itself...found an egg of hers this morning. It was her first. I am as much a newbie at this as she was. Since the other hens had stopped laying for the season and she is so young thought it was unlikely that would be the issue.
    Again thanks for being there. No doubt that I will need your help in the future.

4. imsmith

imsmith New Egg

Oct 14, 2016
    Thanks so much for your response.
    Believe the issue has resolved itself...found an egg of hers this morning. It was her first. I am as much a newbie at this as she was. Since the other hens had stopped laying for the season and she is so young thought it was unlikely that would be the issue.
    Again thanks for being there. No doubt that I will need your help in the future.

5. MasterOfClucker

MasterOfClucker Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2016
    Iowa
    Yep.[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by