Acting Very Strange...

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by PoultryQueen29, Nov 18, 2011.

1. PoultryQueen29

PoultryQueen29 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 26, 2011
    North Carolina
    My 9 week old polish/silkie mutt is acting very strangely. When i'm just looking at her walking around she's fine. She eats, drinks, and pecks around at the ground like the others. But when I pick her up she opens her beak a little (maybe panting but it sounds like she's breathing through her nose) and when she breathes it sounds like she has mucus in her nose. Then when I put her down, she closes her beak and acts like nothing ever happened and her breathing doesnt sound wierd. I'm stumped with this one. If she is sick I want to quarentine her so the rest of them dont get sick. She just doesnt look sick at all. The only other thing im noticing is half runny light brown poo but my silkie had the same thing and people said it was normal.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2011
  2. PoultryQueen29

Sep 26, 2011
    North Carolina
    anyone??? [​IMG]

3. foxypoproxy

foxypoproxy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2011
    Madison, CT
    sounds like some kind of respiratory issue...idk
    Look up some chicken respiratory diseases and check the symptoms.

4. dkosh

dkosh Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 6, 2010
    Eastern MA
    It doesn't seem to be that serious to me. If you want, there is something called VetRx. It is a liquid that you can put one drop in each nostril for respiratory colds. It's like Vicks for animals.

5. PoultryQueen29

Sep 26, 2011
    North Carolina
    Ok thanks [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by