Acts like a hen, looks like a roo? MORE PHOTOS!!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Chickiebaby8, Aug 18, 2010.

1. Chickiebaby8

Chickiebaby8 Songster

Apr 19, 2010
    Kentucky
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I already have two roos that don't fight, and this one seems to be really sweet but I am praying it is a girl. But the feet are really big. The comb is small. I just don't know. PLEASE take a guess. I think he/she is about 5 months old.[​IMG]

More photos:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 20, 2010
  2. CoyoteMagic

CoyoteMagic RIP ?-2014

Hmmmmm looking at that 2nd pic, combs and feet seem to be the least of your worries!! LOL

3. Chickiebaby8

Chickiebaby8 Songster

Apr 19, 2010
    Kentucky
    What do you mean???[​IMG] There is a hen behind him/her.

4. redturtle

redturtle Songster

Apr 3, 2010
    stanardsville, va
    Quote:[​IMG]

sorry i cant help ya....i have one that i need to take pics of because i cant tell by the feathers if shes a she or a he...lol....but that is a pretty bird

5. Qi Chicken

Qi Chicken Songster

Jul 3, 2009
    I think it's a hen. It seems to be giving birth to a live chicken. I would call the Guinness Book of world records or something if I were you! Seriously, I do think it looks like a hen. But you gotta admit that is a funny pic!

6. CoyoteMagic

CoyoteMagic RIP ?-2014

Quote:It was a joke

7. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    I have one that I'm wondering if its a He/She.

It's a BWAmeraucanaXCinnamonQueen.... Red with blue tail feathers and big white muffs.

One side has blue/green legs, the other white/yellow. One side the saddle feathers are pronounced as well as pointed hackles. I'll have to get a pic.

8. Chickiebaby8

Chickiebaby8 Songster

Apr 19, 2010
    Kentucky
    Quote:It was a joke

I didn't even notice the other chicken until you said something. I thought that is what you meant, but I thought maybe you were referring to the tail feathers. She is always cuddling up with the the little roo and hen that are also her age. So, I was hoping she is a hen. She is very pretty and getting big.

[​IMG]

9. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Male.

10. Chickiebaby8

Chickiebaby8 Songster

Apr 19, 2010
    Kentucky
    Quote:Could you please give your reasons? I would like to learn how to tell the difference.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by