ACV question

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by Chickaroo!, Feb 15, 2008.

1. Chickaroo!

Chickaroo! Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 27, 2007
    If I'm adding Avian Charge 2000 to my chickens water, would I need to add the ACV also, or should the Avain Charge pretty much take care of everything?

2. SeaChick

SeaChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2007
    Southern Maine
    When I started using Avia Charge, I would alternate... each time I refilled the waterer I would use ACV one day and AC2000 the next. Now I am using AviaCharge 2000 every time because we had some pecking issues and the additional amino acids seem to be helping with that.

As far as I know, AviaCharge contains compounds that do many of the same things that ACV does, ie aid digestion and boost immunity, so I feel like I'm covered.

I recall someone saying not to use them together but I can't remember who/why, sorry.

Stacey

3. Chickaroo!

Dec 27, 2007
    Thanks Stacey. Actually, I may try alternating them. Only b/c it will make the Avain Charge last longer! hehe

4. Gonzo the Great

Gonzo the Great Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 14, 2008
    Sugar Land, TX
    Anyone have any mail order/internet pricing for these supplements? I'm in Houston, but all I seem to hit at the feed stores is horse and cattle stuff. Thanks in advance!

5. Chickaroo!

Dec 27, 2007
    I got the Avian Charge 2000 from McMurray.

6. SeaChick

SeaChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2007
    Southern Maine

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by