Acv

Choco Maran

Songster
10 Years
Jul 25, 2009
Ribera New Mexico
A couple of week ago I think I read something in here about ACV{I assume this means Apple Cider Vinager} What are the benefits for chickens?
idunno.gif

I've read in other posts that it is helpful in preventing worms. I throw some in their water every 2 or 3 changes. We haven't had a problem with worms yet but I don't know if it is from the ACV or not. We use the Bragg's brand.
big_smile.png

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=41321&p=1

Also
found this link.... hope it helps. I use it in my chickens water.

http://www.pandtpoultry.co.uk/product/categoryid/18/productid/1146

Poultry | Apple Cider Vinegar | Chicken Tonic

1ltr of apple cider vinegar for adding to poultry drinking water.
A great addition to Chicken Health

A totally natural and organic, anti-bacterial, anti-coccidial anthelmintic and tonic which has beneficial effects for all livestock and poultry.

Improves egg supply, improves feathering and improves flavoring and tenderness of meat birds.

We recommend 1 tablespoon of Apple Cider Vinegar to each litre of water. Idelly we recommend using on a regular basis

Last edited:
Thanks everyone for the great information. I however have metal waters and at present can not use it. But I will try when I get some new plastic waters

Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple Cider vinegar is rich in the vitamins, minerals and trace elements found in apples, especially potassium. It will normalize pH levels in the stomach, improve digestion and the assimilation of nutrients.
A few more benefits of Oral Apple Cider Vinegar are:
*Reduces intestinal and fecal odors.
*Aids in digestion.
*Helps to break down minerals and fats.
*Assists the animal to assimilate proteins.
*Assists the animal to convert food better.
*It lowers the pH of the digestive tract which
will make an environment less welcoming
to pathogens therefore will reduce common
infections and increases resistance to disease.
*Improves stamina and fertility.
*It is a great overall tonic that will improve the general well being of the animal.
If started while Birds are young (1-1/2 to 2weeks), birds
*Will feather out quicker.
*Are hardier.
*Grow to their potential sooner when used with an adequate feed.
I find the meat is also leaner due to the fats being converted quicker.
Cautions:
Do not use metal water dishes (except stainless steal).
Vinegar should not be used internally with animals that have an irritated lining of the intestinal tract.
Add 1/8-1/4 of a teaspoon of Apple Cider Vinegar to every 4 fl ozs of water, or 1/8-1/4 cup per gallon of water.

Chris

Back
Top Bottom