Acv

Discussion in 'Quail' started by TexasChris, May 13, 2011.

1. TexasChris

TexasChris Out Of The Brooder

May 2, 2011
    OK im sure its on here somewhere but im tired of looking what are the pros and cons of the apple cider vinegar and how should it be admenestered to quail? I am still new to this quail thing and any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    Chris

2. Ga.chickenman

Ga.chickenman Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2009
    Vidalia
    Little white box top right corner, you should find it there. [​IMG]

3. MobyQuail

MobyQuail c. giganticus

Sep 10, 2010
    Quailtropolis
    MissPrissy says...

Apple Cider Vinegar, raw, organic, unfiltered (with the mother) is good for you too. It is very healthy to take tbsp a day to prevent things that might ail you. It is antibiotic, antifugal, antiviral, antiyeast etc. Just plain good for you probiotics - just like yogurt - lots of healthy little enzymes that help the good stuff in your body do its job by boosting function and immunity.

I make a "cocktail" with it.

4. aprophet

aprophet Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2010
    chesapeake Va.
  5. Stellar

Stellar The Quail Lady

Feb 6, 2010
    Tampa Bay
    I give it to my birds in exchange to wazine.

6. JJMR794

JJMR794 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2009
    BROOKSVILLE FL
    PROVE IT

7. TexasChris

TexasChris Out Of The Brooder

May 2, 2011
    Im glad that someone said it had to be raw! I had already bought the regular off the shelf stuf now i have the real stuff. i see all the benifits do you guys use it everyday in the water or just a certian amount of time? And are there any negatives to it?
    Thanks
    Chris

8. MobyQuail

MobyQuail c. giganticus

Sep 10, 2010
    Quailtropolis
    no religion, no politics, no ACV discussions [​IMG]

I want to clarify my statement about my "cocktail"

might be one of those faith things...I drink it semi-regularly, with some honey or grape juice, the RAW stuff. I think it may help strengthen your immune system, like eating any fresh fruit, apple or orange every day.

It may be "disagreeable" to some parasites, but may not be toxic to them enough to slough off an infestation.

I recently de-wormed with wazine, after reading advice about regular de-worming from JJ and PineGrove on another forum. did not have valbazen? on hand.

ultimate choice? its really up to you if you want to supplement, like if you want to go to church on Sunday to worship "God" or go commune with the "Great Quail Spirit" by cleaning your bird pens.

knowledge dispensed here is from all levels of the Quail kingdom, from Pets to Heavy Duty Industrial, and what works for some may not work for all.

my .222

Last edited: May 15, 2011
  9. MobyQuail

MobyQuail c. giganticus

Sep 10, 2010
    Quailtropolis
    Quote:we had a long discussion about viruses in your system and ph levels, way back in my college days.
    theory was that when you were "stressed" and body ph dropped, viruses found a welcome environment.
    like "cold sores" aka "luggage for life"

10. joe125

joe125 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 20, 2010
    I use ACV to ween my coturnix chicks off their game chick water potty based founts, to clean fresh water bottle founts. (Which they can manage to squirt poop in, no matter how high you mount them) [​IMG] .

Coturnix don't generally like the taste, and will seek out other sources of clean fresh water, but will not dehydrate during the transmission period because they have their ACV tainted potty founts.

The exact benefit is unknown to me. If properly dosed, it is harmless! There may be some sort of benefit, especially unfiltered versions containing MOTHER, but a good feed and clean fresh water doesn't hurt either [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by