1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

ACV

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by Kathy1, Oct 16, 2008.

1. Kathy1

Kathy1 Chillin' With My Peeps

I see alot of people mention they use it. Why does it need to be put in their water? What does it do for them? and how much per gallon?

Thanks

2. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
  3. Kathy1

that is a great link, I will try it with them. Anyone know the dose's for cats and dogs? I only have seen non organic, I imagine that is fine to use as well?

Last edited: Oct 16, 2008
  4. Kathy1

Just wondering if it matters using regular store bought acv, versus organic.....which I can not find. I read the previous thread that was refered to above but what does the "mother" mean?

Thanks

Last edited: Oct 31, 2008
  5. homestead5er

homestead5er Out Of The Brooder

May 16, 2008
    Loganville
    Use only organic, you can find it health food store's and some GNC stores . BRAGG'S is the best brand. The Mother is a strand-like chains of protein enzyme molecules that occurs naturally in vinegar.

HOPE THIS HELPS

6. JohnL11935

JohnL11935 Chillin' With My Peeps

7. Kathy1

Thank you, I was thinking whose mother made this LOL Learn something new everyday. [​IMG]

Thanks for the link also. I do have a GNC and will call them in a bit to see if they carry this brand. I have not seen it when I have been in there, if not I will order from that site.
    Thanks!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by