1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Ad for Pekin Ducklings-What should I include?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by SnapHappii, Mar 27, 2009.

1. SnapHappii

SnapHappii Out Of The Brooder

Mar 14, 2009
    I'm going to create an ad for my ducklings to post in the feed mill so I can try and sell some. What things should I include?

2. vfem

vfem Yoga...The Chicken Pose

Aug 4, 2008
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    Include price and hatch date as far as I can think of. You may also want to say straight run unless you can sex them. [​IMG]

3. ScoobyRoo

ScoobyRoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 21, 2008
    Land of OZ
    Quote:Yes, I would say 'straight run' only. That way they can't hold you to getting a sex they didn't want.

4. SnapHappii

Mar 14, 2009
    Alrighty. So far I've got the price, my #, it says "straight run" and "Ducklings will be hatching all through April"

Should I say anything about a minimum, or just tell them if they call?

5. SnapHappii

Mar 14, 2009
    I have a duck hatching now! wooo.

6. austinhart123

austinhart123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2008
    Los Angeles CA
    i would say a minimum of two so no duck has to lie alone

7. SnapHappii

Mar 14, 2009
    I was thinking three, just so if 1 dies there will still be two, so I won't have to worry about one being lonely.

8. ScoobyRoo

ScoobyRoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 21, 2008
    Land of OZ
    Quote:LMAO.... My DD wanted to try her hand at a couple of cute duckies (she got a rouen mix? and a cayuga) Then I thought the same thing you did..."What if something happens to one then the other will be lonely?" So, we go buy another duckie, this one a khaki campbell. THEN.........my Mother said "you can't have just 3, one would always be a third wheel." So now I'm up to 4 duckies (pekin). Does this ever stop? I don't think so because DD wants to get a pair of geese and DH want to get some turkeys. Is that a good thing??[​IMG] [​IMG]

9. muscovy94

muscovy94 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 11, 2008
    Vicksburg, MS
    Henry'schickens :

Quote:LMAO.... My DD wanted to try her hand at a couple of cute duckies (she got a rouen mix? and a cayuga) Then I thought the same thing you did..."What if something happens to one then the other will be lonely?" So, we go buy another duckie, this one a khaki campbell. THEN.........my Mother said "you can't have just 3, one would always be a third wheel." So now I'm up to 4 duckies (pekin). Does this ever stop? I don't think so because DD wants to get a pair of geese and DH want to get some turkeys. Is that a good thing??[​IMG] [​IMG]

OF course its a good thing!!! THe more birds the better!!! ANd thats funny about your daughter. my son did that last year when we bought him some colored duckies from the feed store. He kept complaining if we got 2 one might die and the other one would be all alone, so we had to get 3!​

10. SnapHappii

Mar 14, 2009
    Anything else I should include?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by