Added two Sebrights to the flock.

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by chknlitl, Jul 22, 2010.

1. chknlitl

chknlitl Out Of The Brooder

Apr 30, 2010
    Northwest Florida
    They are about three weeks old and look great, one roo and one hen. Got to get to work on a seperate coop for them.

2. usschicago1

usschicago1 Suburban Cochins

Aug 11, 2009
    Taunton, MA
    [​IMG] Wooho!

3. NC29mom

NC29mom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2010
    Scotland Neck, NC
    OMG I just can't wait to get my golden laced sebrights from cackle next week!!!!!! (15!) also getting 10 japanese BTW bantams - already have 2 roosters about 4 months old and they need some girlfriends!!!

Are you putting them with other chickens? How old? Oh, I wish you would post pictures!! I LOVE SEBRIGHTS!! ONLY 5 MORE DAYS FOR ME!!![​IMG]

You'll have to let us know how the rooster does with just one girlfriend.

4. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

I've got two "teenaged" Silver Sebright roos who are bothering the large fowl pullets something fierce. (When Carl the Head Roo isn't around.) I just took the temporary fence away that separated a Silver Sebright and a Golden Sebright, a Delaware and an EE, all pullets, from the rest of the flock. The teen Sebrights have been strutting their stuff past that fence for two weeks, and now they rushed the girls.

These four are only 11 weeks old; those antics terrified 'em. Back up into their coop they went. The Sebright boys looked up into that plastic Playhouse coop and you could see them thinking.

Carl meandered over thataway and suddenly the Sebright boys had somewhere else to go. [​IMG]

I'm thinking I'm gonna have to rehome one of the Sebright boys, although I hate to do so. They're so jaunty and adorable, and during the day they roost in the trees (when they're not stalking "girlfriends").

5. chknlitl

chknlitl Out Of The Brooder

Apr 30, 2010
    Northwest Florida
    No im not gonna put them with the others. Had two other bantams that my other girls wouldnt let eat and me being inexperienced didnt realize it. They died. So the sebrights will have thier very own special coop. I only have internet on my cellphone and havent found a way to post pics. I can on other sites but when i go to the upload pics it doesnt let me. We are getting internet back at the house in a few days so i will post pics and make a page when we do.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by