Addicted to BYC

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by can you hear me now?, Jul 17, 2008.

1. can you hear me now?

can you hear me now? Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2008
    Southwest Missouri
    Here I go again. for the last three days I have been meaning to place an order for the poor poor chicks that got annhiallated by a racoon over the weekend. I come home everyday and get the computer out and log on to BYC. THe problem is at this rate I am never going to get the chicks I want because I keep forgetting to call the hatchery before I log on to here. Go figure, you would think that just talking chickens would remind me but I still am here. Anyone else have stories about things of this nature because of this site. Would love to hear em.

2. lovemychicks9

lovemychicks9 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2008
    South Carolina
    You are not a true addict yet, the way you can tell, you get that glassy eyed look from staring at the screen all day and into the night. Nothing gets done at home except caring for the chickens or pets and perhaps a meal once in a while for the family. The true test, you would have called in that order days ago, as we are addicted to fuzzy butts and we collect them like potatoe chips or candy. You eat, breath, and dream about them and it does not matter how many you have it is never enough and there is nothing, I repeat ,---- nothing (well almost nothing) that gets in between you and your need for more , say it with me kids---- FUZZY BUTTS. Now , you should know , you are talking to a true addict here, as I already have 24 fuzzy's and 6 of them are only 3 1/2 weeks old and I have already put in another order to that blessed enabler hatchery , Ideal, for 14 more and they were just a little tooo happy to take my order today!!!!! I think they get a little too much joy out of poor souls that have been taken in by the chickie monster!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. holliewould

holliewould Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2008
    Planet Earth
    Yes! Last Friday I had an appointment with my psychiatrist, which I missed, because I was on here. So, they called me up and told me I missed it, and I'm all like "I got caught up with a chicken site, etc. Now they are sure I'm a crack pot. You know, my therapy is chickens, internet, and gardening. Big deal lady! Anyway, she said that if I miss my appointment 2 more times, they will just not take me anymore. Nice! Thank BYC [​IMG]

4. Scrambled Egg

Scrambled Egg Flock Mistress

Aug 29, 2007
    Fayetteville, NC
    Yep, that's what happens alright...just that easy to get addicted...and withdrawal is terrible so to avoid it..just keep posting!!! See how well we enable also?!!! [​IMG]

5. can you hear me now?

Jun 18, 2008
    Southwest Missouri
    lol I am getting there I already have 33 fuzzy butts, am getting ready to put another egg in the bator tonight, and am going to place my order for tomorrow. Really I am trying, just fell short the last few days I guess.[​IMG] [​IMG]

6. amyquilt

amyquilt Serama Mama

May 17, 2008
    Amarillo, TX
    Quote:Now that is funny!!

7. Year of the Rooster

Year of the Rooster Sebright Savvy

Jun 27, 2008
    West Central Ohio
    Oh jeez, I think i'm already addicted..... I've already dreamt about chickens THREE TIMES already. [​IMG] The one I remember the most was when I was in our home office and I was with my mom. We had a large cardboard box set up as a brooder and there were alot of chicks in there then the next second i'm candling fertilized eggs THEN I see a beautiful bantam rooster running around the house! I'm definitely obsessed. Not the mention I'm on BYC ALL DAY LOOOOONG! I'm afraid this will get worse once I actually get my chickens [​IMG] and also a thank you to BYC because in a matter of less than a month I can already tell the difference between a cockerel and a pullet, identify certain breeds AND diagnose "simple" problems i.e. missing feathers that kind of stuff [​IMG] GO BYC!!! [​IMG]

8. can you hear me now?

Jun 18, 2008
    Southwest Missouri
    So i can see BYC is not all bad. We learn many things about fuzzy butts in here that we would otherwise not have known. See I am not an addict. Wait.......isn't denial.......bah nevermind not a clue where that was going.[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. Year of the Rooster

Year of the Rooster Sebright Savvy

Jun 27, 2008
    West Central Ohio
    can you hear me now? :

So i can see BYC is not all bad. We learn many things about fuzzy butts in here that we would otherwise not have known. See I am not an addict. Wait.......isn't denial.......bah nevermind not a clue where that was going.[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Go with the flow I guess [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 17, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by