*Addicted to...Candling...*

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Tripp16, Nov 6, 2011.

1. Tripp16

Tripp16 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2011
    North Carolina
    Hi everyone!! Ok so I havent candled since thursday and tomorrow is the tenth day!! [​IMG] Everytime I pass the incubator I say "resist" resist" [​IMG]

So far I havent candled yet!! [​IMG] (Help me with encouragement to wait until tomorrow!!) [​IMG]

2. begbfg

begbfg Barnyard Beckie

Feb 11, 2011
    Roxboro, NC
    [​IMG] I'd love to help you BUT I'm having the same problem![​IMG] Maybe we can help each other resist the temptation! [​IMG]

3. BarnGoddess01

BarnGoddess01 I [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]

I'm not gonna be any help. Today is day 6 for me and I'm planning to candle tonight .... [​IMG]

4. begbfg

begbfg Barnyard Beckie

Feb 11, 2011
    Roxboro, NC
    Quote:x2 Planning on candling after 8 o'clock. What time is it???

5. BarnGoddess01

BarnGoddess01 I [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]

I'm seeing signs of life which THRILLS me as these are all WELL travelled show eggs - looks like I have 1 Silkie (out of 3), 3 Blue/Splash Ameraucanas (out of 5) and 1 Black Ameraucana (out of 6)and a couple of Cuckoo Marans (out of 6). I'm delighted that ANYTHING is growing!! [​IMG]

6. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    RESIST - RESIST - RESIST

In the beginning I candled nearly every day, but now I do resist the temptation and only candle on day 10 and when I put the eggs in the hatcher on day 18.

7. Tripp16

Tripp16 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2011
    North Carolina
    I made it through tonight!!! [​IMG]

Tomorrow at 2:00 here I come incubator!! [​IMG]

8. Hot2Pot

Hot2Pot Fox Hollow Rabbitry

Feb 1, 2010
    West TN
    Day 10, so I candled and took out 4 quitters. Looking good for the rest of the batch.:)

9. Ma Noob

Ma Noob Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 3, 2010
    South Australia
    is it wrong to candle them everyday? i bought a torch on saturday, and well, i have candled a few times LOL. Its sad, im only about day 3-5 (had to put eggs in over a couple of days due to a rooster incident) and its so cool to see the veining happening.

It looks like i have at least 5 out of 11

10. Hot2Pot

Hot2Pot Fox Hollow Rabbitry

Feb 1, 2010
    West TN
    I just have too much to do to candle a lot. My main fear would be dropping or cracking them. Taking them out for a minute is no big deal.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by