🙄🤚Do More!😩🤚 Less is More® Kiki Winz!
Project Manager
Premium Feather Member
8 Years
Jul 31, 2015
Houston, TX
My Coop
My Coop
:frow. UPDATED... February 2024 I'm still winning.
4 years:th

Me: :barnie:barnie:barnie:barnie

I decided last month that I was going to try to do something I've never done before, quit smoking.

I knew I couldn't do it on my own so I got some medicine called Chantix. I tried Chantix about 10 years ago but I did not take it for the correct amount of time...I quit smoking but started back up after 3 months. I also do not remember it being this hard to quit back then.

I've been so worried about the side effects (I had one bad side effects last time) that I was not thinking about how hard today was going to be.

I have been on the medicine for a week with no bothersome side effects...that I was a nervous wreck about.

I have not smoked today and I really don't want to but geez I want to.:barnie:barnie:barnie

Last edited:
@Kiki - you can do it.
I quit drinking 27 years, 6 months, and 28 days ago - who's counting. :p Not easy, but I did it.
I quit nicotine addiction (chewing tobacco) 15 years ago = the most difficult thing I have ever done, but I did it.
My SIL used an online support group to help him stop using snuff. Perhaps one exists for smoking ?
I wish you success and am here for support in any that I can help.

@Kiki - you can do it.
I quit drinking 27 years, 6 months, and 28 days ago - who's counting. :p Not easy, but I did it.
I quit nicotine addiction (chewing tobacco) 15 years ago = the most difficult thing I have ever done, but I did it.
My SIL used an online support group to help him stop using snuff. Perhaps one exists for smoking ?
I wish you success and am here for support in any that I can help.
I joined an online smoking thing...those nutters are strangers. I prefer BYC.

This is a ridiculous mind game...I keep telling myself I can do it. :barnie

Anytime you think of smoking, get on BYC instead, replace one addiction with another. Maybe you need to visit the man for some balut eggs to hatch, that will keep your mind occupied. Hang in there. You can do this!

I don't know if Chantix is prescription or not, but I know some medications are prescription. I don't know the differences between them, maybe different/less side effects. If you have health insurance, it might be worth a visit to your doctor, or even just a call to the office. They should be able to set you up with a local support group or something. You need an accountabilibuddy! I'm familiar with some of the programs around here, but not by you. These programs wouldn't exist if quitting was easy.

Back
Top Bottom